1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yeah, it's the one from the G35. I didn't screw mine, rather I took the oem e-brake pedal rubber piece off the metal e-brake bracket, and fit it under the new pedal with adhesive, when cured/dry, simply re-install. (pics. on my PINITI-FX's CHIC' CHEETAH page) You may also screw it if you wish too, for added security.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I installed one..i can post pics later if you want. I bought this epoxy putty stuff that turns almost as hard as cement when dry (3min) and placed it over the existing stock pedal. For insurance I removed the middle rubber grip on the alumin pedal and got a big screw and scred the pedal on as well.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic offer but it is not necessary. I ain't glu'in or screw'in nuthin on my FXen.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
you already did, the BSM isn't on there with magnets - go ahead, screw it! ...you know you wanna.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm confused :dontknow: Does this pedal not simply bolt on? I guess I need to go look at the OEM one.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
I'm confused :dontknow: Does this pedal not simply bolt on? I guess I need to go look at the OEM one.
No, you have to attach it yourself with either epoxy (or something similar) or a screw (like a wood screw). I seem to recall someone (esemes?) saying the glue did not hold very well for them. Using both sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
FXLENT said:
Anyone know if this drilled aluminum emergency pedal from Grubbs fits like the other 3 in the kit or is this the one (from the G) where folks have physically "screwed" it onto the emergency pedal?

http://www.g3motorsports.com/Merchant2/ ... FXInterior
The link above doesn't work any longer, but I didn't happen to find the exact location by searching; see http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=G35CoupePedals, but it doesn't list the part number just for the aluminum emergency pedal.

Do I have to buy the entire set (not worth it for me, as it came with my FX), or can I just order the G35 Emergency Pedal seperately? Anyone have the part number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts