Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this just started happening...the door lock knob in the handle area on the left rear door inside opens intermittently when i unlock the doors meaning sometimes i can open the door from the outside & sometimes i can't...any suggestions and is there an easy fix???...thanks... :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Check the child safty buton on the inside of the door. Maybe it is no inot postion (either locked or unlocked)

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi...thank you...i've checked...i noticed the lock knob/button doesn't move to the open position when i unlock the doors...

·
Registered
9 Posts
i actually had the same problem however it was in my passanger side it unlock half way which did not open the door anyway so i took it in the dealer and they replace the lock/unlock actuator next to the window motor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my driver door. I need to pull out the actual key almost every time i want to get in the car.

Just been too lazy to take it to the dealer. I'll get it fixed when i'm up for my next oil change.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
shoot....this has been happening to me and i just noticed it. i must have been "locking" my car and then walking away with the drivers door still unlocked too.

now i need to get the key out of the fob to open it.

time to see the dealer

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
TheCandyMan said:
i actually had the same problem however it was in my passanger side it unlock half way which did not open the door anyway so i took it in the dealer and they replace the lock/unlock actuator next to the window motor.
It was the drivers's door on mine. Took it to the dealer, and like TheCandyMan said, it was the actuator.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I just had the same problem for the passenger side. How much would it cost to replace the actuator?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I got a quote for the actuator....$600 =[

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
The actuators aren't very expensive... I think someone mentioned around $90 per... it's the work you need to do... but it's apparently not very difficult... an ORG member did a write-up of what you need to do to replace your actuators... however, he didn't provide any pictures which would have really helped...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts