Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

just picked up my new FX on Monday and I am already worried about my wife's finger nails scratching the paint when she reaches to open the doors. Does anyone know if there is a product available similar to the 3M Clear Bra that would protect the paint area directly behind the door handles?

Thanks much.

P.S. Can't believe how much attention my FX gets. People look at me like I am from another planet!

·
Registered
706 Posts
You can get clear bra installed behind the handles. I think it is part of a larger kit. Or you could get a custom installer to do it for you. If that is the only place you are going to put clear bra, I might try it myself.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
simple solution.....

dont let the wife touch the FX :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yup, clear bra the area. I had my installer custom design and computer cut door cut pieces when I had my clear bra done right aftert I bought the car; works great. I knew this would be a problem area, especially on a black FX.

If you already have some light scratches in the area, be sure to rub them out before you get the area covered.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's why the manual states "absolutely no drag queens allowed in vehicle."

My wife's 03 Accord has lots of scratches around her handles and I asked her about it and she says it's definitely not her. I guess women don't realize their wedding rings are like weapons to car paint.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
You could always just wax the area good. That is what I do. I zaino that area, just like the car.

Keep it current with Z5 for swirls if you get hairline scratches.

Cheaper than clear bra!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts