Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I did something really idiotic tonight and it ended up damaging the front RH door and completely destroying the side view mirror. The mirror is broken in 3 parts and it is being held together by packaging tape.

Has anyone replaced or repaired their front RH door and mirror? If so, how much will I have to shell out in order to get this fixed? If I was to tackle replacing the damaged parts myself, how difficult would this task be?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Oh duuuude...that sux. I do seem to remember that replacing the mirror is not a huge deal, but fixing up your door is probably going to be five hundred bucks. I wouldn't do that myself...just my opinion, but I've never seen DIY bodywork look any good unless you know someone who is a body guy. Check Rock Auto for a mirror assembly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost forgot to update.

Got it fixed at a reputable body repair shop that my local Infiniti dealership recommended me to. They completely replaced the skin of the door by removing the weld then re-welding the skin back on the frame, replaced the mirror, and repainted the exterior. They did a really great job, especially the paint work since they had to paint part of the front fender and part of the rear door as well. It all blends in perfectly. I was mostly worried about how the paint job would turn out and was very pleasantly surprised when I picked up my FX.

The repair came out to $2800 (parts, paint, labor) and I had my insurance cover it with $500 deductible. I do have accident forgiveness option in my policy so I hope my insurance company doesn't raise my premium or at least not by much. This is my first claim ever, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts