Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Hey, that looks like me going to work in the morning, runnin' late as usual. :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...Are We there yet? :shock:

·
Registered
662 Posts
What kind of car was that blue one? It was fast.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
If it were only legal.....oh yeah and if it were only safe too.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
****, that's just stupid.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's actually an M5 chasing an Audi RS4 Avant. As I remember, the video was taken in Russia.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
what the **** is an RS4? ive heard of an S4....what kind of HP/TQ is that thing pushing! its incredibly fast and nimble

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nope, not kidding. If you think that was skillful driving, there are courses out there that can help you change your perception.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
oooo.....ill take an RS6 :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
If you think that was skillful driving, there are courses out there that can help you change your perception.
... and what would these courses teach you that would be applicable in heavy traffic like that? More specifically, what did he do "wrong"?!

·
Registered
54 Posts
One more thing ... This guy use manual transmission. FX is my first car with automatic and I'm very familiar with driving with manual gearbox.
In this heavy traffic and high speed guy must drive with one hand on the steering wheel and second on the shift knob. Not very easy ...

Steve A.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Storm-FX said:
One more thing ... This guy use manual transmission. In this heavy traffic and high speed guy must drive with one hand on the steering wheel and second on the shift knob. Not very easy ...

Steve A.
Not very easy but posibble.
*Man, My heart stop beating watching them 2 raging. I'm SO glad it ended it peacefully. What'd I call them 2?
- Skill= Yes
- Got balls= Yes
- Reckless= Yes
- Stupid= Yes (if they end up dead)
- Would they do it again= Yes
- Would I do it= hahaha
:diabloanifire:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Storm-FX said:
In this heavy traffic and high speed guy must drive with one hand on the steering wheel and second on the shift knob. Not very easy
Eh?

I drive every car I have this way during all speeds and conditions (including my FX, which spends 99% of its time in ManuMatic mode).

·
Registered
662 Posts
2Fast4U said:
Not very easy but posibble.
*Man, My heart stop beating watching them 2 raging. I'm SO glad it ended it peacefully. What'd I call them 2?
I woke up at 5AM and watched this racing and bam! it really woke me up. Looks like one of those "World's Worst Cop Chasing" TV show.

Here is my thought.

- Skill= Maybe
- Got balls= Yes
- Reckless= Yes, very
- Stupid= Yes, very whether they end up dead or not
- Would they do it again= You bet until one of them gets killed
- Would I do it= Life is too short to be unnecessarily stupid.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Skill = You betcha
Got balls = Yup
Reckless = Is the Pope catholic ?
Stupid = see above
Woud they do it again ? = Not unless they ended up getting arrested by Russian cops who'd beat the piss out of them @ the station.
Would I do it ? = No way, Jose.

A few quick points. If that chase took place here they would've been in a multi-car pile-up about 1/3 of the way. 'Cause there's 90% probability that some seasoned citizen in a Buick or a makeup-free woman in a Volvo would've cut one of the vehicles off. ****, they do it here on a good day :roll: .
Oftentimes the main trick in those type of pursuits is to be able to fill the same hole in the traffic that was used by the lead vehicle before the gap would close. Which can be a matter of few seconds. So auto tranny with its lethargic shift program won't cut it here. And even with a manual, you still gotta eye the gap, hit the clutch, drop a a gear or two, get back on the gas while filing the shrinking hole. All in a rapid succession, mind you. As you might be coming up @ 90MPH on the heels of a gasoline truck rolling ahead. If anybody is gonna tell me this doesn't require skill, I've got some Enron stock you might be interested in :twisted: .

P.S. The guy in the Beemer didn't seem to have anyone in the front seat. Was he steering, shifting and filming all by himself :shock: ?

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's a classic example of "more-balls-than-brain" syndrome.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts