Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with small dogs claws doing anything to their leather?

I have a Jack Russel that I have to take on a 700mile trip this weekend. (Yes, I plan on drugging her) :D

I'm worried that her claws may scratch up my leather... hmm,
maybe I'll just cover it up with blankets...

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Many very thick blankets and new toy to keep them busy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was even thinking saran-wrapping her all up because she's shedding, but my wife won't let me... is that considered animal cruelty? :shock:

·
Registered
411 Posts
obsidian fx said:
I was even thinking saran-wrapping her all up because she's shedding, but my wife won't let me... is that considered animal cruelty? :shock:
So long as you poke holes to breathe it's not cruelty. Cruelty is ruining your FX's interior! ;)

Matthew

·
Registered
520 Posts
put the dog in the trunk...may seem a little cruel but atleast it wont hurt the leather on the seats.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Dogs in the FX?:?:
I'll have you know that my wife is a fox 8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
obsidian fx said:
Anyone have any experience with small dogs claws doing anything to their leather?

I have a Jack Russel that I have to take on a 700mile trip this weekend. (Yes, I plan on drugging her) :D

I'm worried that her claws may scratch up my leather... hmm,
maybe I'll just cover it up with blankets...

thanks
My wife and I own a Jack "Rustler", as we like to call her. :) I have not had her in the FX on the leather. When she needs to be transported to the Vet, etc. she travels in our Pathfinder, which also has leather. She also has been in my former 300ZX Twin Turbo with leather interior. In each case she did not damage the leather. In fact, I purchased her from a breeder that owned a Jaguar. According to him she routinely rode in the Jag without incident to the leather.

Having said that, and to specifically address your question, I DO carry her in the FX in the crate. When she travels in that mode I put the rear seat backs in the forward/flat position and then place the crate as far forward as possible. That way the dog can be an integral part of the "family" while traveling in this somewhat restrained condition. She has been crate trained from a puppy so this is her "home" and she travels fine this way. I suspect this will work for you, especially since you contemplate such a long trip.

Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
520 Posts
FXTRA said:
She also has been in my former 300ZX Twin Turbo with leather interior.

I love the 300ZX...what year was it? my mom had one the 1990 it was an amazing car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love the 300ZX...what year was it? my mom had one the 1990 it was an amazing car.
The first year of the "new" (now old) body style, 1990, same as your moms. When I sold it the car was still essentially in show room condition and with only 130K miles. We had some great times together. I've owned a lot of cars and that has been one of my favorites...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Our dog loves the back, and we use a barrier.

We'd rather use the crate because I think the dog is safer in it in case of an accident. But our crate won't fit in the FX with the back seat up. Our son's dog is not as small as yours - he weighs 57 pounds and measures 2 feet high at the "withers", whatever they are. We have a crate in our Mini, and the dog absolutely loves traveling it it - it's hard to keep him from jumping into his crate until the hatch is fully open.

I modified a standard wagon/van barrier to fit the sloping roofline of the FX. I got it from JB Pet, but there are many kinds out there.

I made braces that secure the barrier to the child-seat restraint anchors in the rear of the ceiling. I think the dog is as safe back there as he can be without a "personal restraint device". And he loves riding back there - especially on his plush sheepskin with the non-skid backing.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
GarryMac said:
bradical said:
www.savetoby.com :lol:
That's just wrong!
I'd go 'WAY beyond wrong - this is one of the weirdest, sickest, most bizarre examples of human behavior I've ever seen! If it's supposed to be funny, it's not.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
bluesman said:
GarryMac said:
bradical said:
www.savetoby.com :lol:
That's just wrong!
I'd go 'WAY beyond wrong - this is one of the weirdest, sickest, most bizarre examples of human behavior I've ever seen! If it's supposed to be funny, it's not.
I think it's called extortion. The SPCA must be thoroughly pissed (even though it's just a rabbit). I wouldn't want to read his hate mail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.