Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Does anyone transport dogs in their FX?
Are there any good cages or fences?
have a good one all

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Ugh. We took the in-laws' Golden Retriever for a ride and the hair is all over the black seat back and the headliner :x . Can't get it off! I guess he can only go in the Avalon now.

Sorry, can't help you with the cage/fence. :?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
johnmax said:
Ugh. We took the in-laws' Golden Retriever for a ride and the hair is all over the black seat back and the headliner :x . Can't get it off! I guess he can only go in the Avalon now.

Sorry, can't help you with the cage/fence. :?
sorry to hear of your woes....

have you tried using packing tape to get the hair off...???

i use it for lint and stuff all the time; cant see it NOT working??

(just wrap it around your hand, sticky-side out.... and blott away!)

hope this helps

S

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dog doesnt fit in the FX too well. He s a English Mastiff and rides in the Xterra. You want to talk about dog hair and drool, let him ride in your car. :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
aznwrr said:
My dog doesnt fit in the FX too well. He s a English Mastiff and rides in the Xterra. You want to talk about dog hair and drool, let him ride in your car. :)
Heh, another Nissan family! Our other vehicle is an Xterra as well and that's what we use for our dogs. It's not that they wouldn't fit in the FX, it's just that there's no WAY I would actually put them in there. Hair, scratched trim, drool... God, I'm getting hives just thinking about it. :shock:

Anyway, I do recall a thread on FA where this topic was discussed and there were pics of various options and people's set-ups and everything, but the **** search feature isn't funtioning over there. (see my grievance thread on the topic).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a PitBull I cart around every Friday. I put a sheet over the seats. I haven't gotten around to getting a slip cover that's easily installed. I don't want to leave it there. Basically, she gets strapped into a seatbelt harnass and is buckled into the center seatbelt. I use that one because if she sees another dog and gets excited, she tends to step on the buckle releases for the two side harnasses. The center one is sufficiently raised so that she can't accidently unlatch herself. The worst problem is that she slobbers on the lower half of the window since they don't roll down all the way. This is really the safest way to transport a big dog.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Scratched trim...ugh :x No need to do that. The Xterra is black, the drool that he leaves on the outside makes it look like some bad graphics on a FAST and the FURIOUS vehicle. :lol: It is definitely a chore to get the hair out of the headliner.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
zigzag5555 said:
Does anyone transport dogs in their FX?
Not normally, but two weekends ago I "took one for the team" and helped my boy out; he was diggin' on this foine woman but she wouldn't go out unless someone took out her dateless friend too and ... oh, y'all mean canines, doncha?!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
esemes said:
have you tried using packing tape to get the hair off?
****, I wish I'd've thought of this when I had some "box lint" in the car from my move a couple of months ago!

·
Registered
10 Posts
kcrudup said:
esemes said:
have you tried using packing tape to get the hair off?
****, I wish I'd've thought of this when I had some "box lint" in the car from my move a couple of months ago!
Box Lint? Hopefully not from the "dateless friend"?

(I'm sorry, but I just coudn't resist!)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
daschtick said:
Box Lint? Hopefully not from the "dateless friend"?
<snort>

Nah, moving boxes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice. box lint.

Alright, here goes, my wife wanted to get a $70 car seat for our Maltese so he can be strapped in a seatbelt. All 6 pounds of him.
Yeah, and before anyone says anything. Shuddup.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ricofx45 said:
Nice. box lint.

Alright, here goes, my wife wanted to get a $70 car seat for our Maltese so he can be strapped in a seatbelt. All 6 pounds of him.
Yeah, and before anyone says anything. Shuddup.
Nothing to say... it's a smart idea and the best way to keep your dog safe. I'll never understand people who drive with their dog on their lap with its head out the window. You stop short once, say goodbye to your dog.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pjo1966 said:
I'll never understand people who drive with their dog on their lap with its head out the window.
What about the ones who leave 'em in the rear of pick-'em-up trucks?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My dog gets car sick (poor guy pukes everytime), not in my FX!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I don't even let him in the garage with car, let alone put him inside of it. His tail is like a crop whip and will take out a window.

He is a great dane, 5 yrs old, 120lbs. He is smaller than other danes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
He is a great dane, 5 yrs old, 120lbs. He is smaller than other danes.
So, he's more like a "Good Dane", then? :)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Yep, he also thinks he is the size of a little dog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts