Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dog post got me thinking, does the FX own you? In the Jeep I dont care if it gets dirty, the dogs lick the windows, on long trips we eat in it...etc... But in the FX, I wont let any drinking or eating, the dogs are not allowed in the FX, I park in a different time zone while out, I wont drive it to certain areas of town...Am I too obsessed, or is this the norm for us here on the form?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I try to take responsible care of all my vehicles. I treat them with respect; always park way out to protect from dings, etc - but I am not obsessed with them. They are material, inanimate possessions that cost a lot of money.

Respect and proper care - yes 8)
Worship/obsession - no :?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hopelessly obsessed and proud of it! :D I'm that way with any nice vehicle I own, though, so it's more me and not the car. :roll:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I may be little more careful with parking, eating, etc than before since it's new but I'm no longer obsessed with car.

I still like to run my FX through touchless wash every week though but don't have time for hand wash/wax and I would rather have someone do it for me.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You speaketh of me!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
<<<<<-------------------------- See avatar
Little kid in car means cookie crumbs and drink splashes etc... hard to keep it clean on the inside! But Zaino on the outside is all most people see...

Speaking strictly for myself, next to my house, my cars are the most expensive things I own. (oh, except for the original Monet painting I own, LOL - j/k) My feeling is that you should want to take good care of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I eat, drink, and fart in my FX on a regular basis. When it gets nasty inside, the detail shop is right around the corner (cherry and pina colada scents are best). I don't Zaino or even hand wash my rig. No, I don't change my life for my car. I think i may be in the minority here though.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
drewmebaby said:
I eat, drink, and fart in my FX on a regular basis. When it gets nasty inside, the detail shop is right around the corner (cherry and pina colada scents are best). I don't Zaino or even hand wash my rig. No, I don't change my life for my car. I think i may be in the minority here though.
Drew, My heart can't take such talk!!! :(

I am so obsessed with my cars that I know my Neighbors think I am nuts! Wash/wax every chance I get (and in the winter, I wash/wax them in the garage). Daily wipe down of the wheels! There is absolutely no eating, no pets - - I use the same pump at the same gas station for practically every fill up - - sometimes I think I've lost my mind!!! Thanks alot, Infiniti... :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I dont eat or drink in any of my cars (except bottled water). I usually get my car washed 2 times a week and get it waxed about 2 times a month.

Jim

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can washing and waxing in the dark be considered obsesive? But I do that with the Supra also, so I guess it's me! And my dog does come along for the ride, she is -part of the family and she is VERY small!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PullingMaxGs said:
I am so obsessed with my cars that I know my Neighbors think I am nuts! Wash/wax every chance I get (and in the winter, I wash/wax them in the garage). Daily wipe down of the wheels! There is absolutely no eating, no pets - - I use the same pump at the same gas station for practically every fill up - - sometimes I think I've lost my mind!!! Thanks alot, Infiniti... :wink:
Heh, I got that beat. I do all that; now add:
-wipe tail pipe tips daily
-cover car at work daily
-dust and spot wipe w/ Z6 daily (there's never so much as a fingerprint on my car inside or out)
-wash car in garage ALL the time, pre-dry w/ leaf blower
-make mental note of everywhere anyone looking at or riding in the car touches so I can go back and clean/wipe it later
-I could go on. I'm a nutcase when it comes to my car. :roll:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
drewmebaby said:
I eat, drink, and fart in my FX on a regular basis. ... No, I don't change my life for my car. I think i may be in the minority here though.
Hey I have 3 boys; they make it a competition to see who gets to break it first :badairday: :fart:

We may be in the minority; but you are not alone.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I don't eat, drink, smoke, spit, chew, pick my nose or fart in it (usually don't fart anyway). :oops: Sometimes I yell at stupid drivers and on occasion I also cuss in it. I keep it clean during the summer (hand wash only) but all bets are off during the winter since it rains almost every week. I usually park wherever it is convenient and if I get a ding or paint chip, I fix them and move on.

I'm generally well behaved on the highway, but I fly around corners and accelerate like the car was designed to do. If this was a perfect car or cost twice as much I'd treat it the same way. I own my cars (not the other way around), but I take reasonable care of them too.

·
Registered
848 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
drewmebaby said:
I eat, drink, and fart in my FX on a regular basis. ... No, I don't change my life for my car. I think i may be in the minority here though.
Hey I have 3 boys; they make it a competition to see who gets to break it first :badairday: :fart:

We may be in the minority; but you are not alone.
Ditto...that's why I've got the perforated seats :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Hey JC is the Monet next to the money tree??

No farting...and the test for that is :?:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts