Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the new Greddy SP2 would bolt on to our cars? But then again 410 is a bit pricey for just a muffler.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
My first instinct would be to say yes, since all it took for an FA member to fit a NISMO catback was to buy hte G35 6" extension piece and extend the tips. I'm not familiar with the design of the exhaust you're referring to, however. Got a link or a pic?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If it's just a bolt on muffler, then I'd say yes - with a bit of modification required. The tips most likely need to be extended.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Depends. Could be more of an issue if it's one of those separate canister set-ups; that's why I want to see a pic.

*Edit*
Ok, went and looked myself. You can see it here: http://www.i-m-racing.com/grsp2ststaxe.html
I was thinking of the Graddy Evo with the separate canisters. This unit will fit just fine, but the tips will need to be extended. Kind of a lot to pay for just a muffler. You'll likely get only a sound difference and no gains from it. You could get a Borla true dual for only a couple hundred more.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I Dont think the tips will extend back nearly far enuf.......

the hangar points should be identical, however.......

one note::: although i eally like the stuff on the IM website, i have found their pricing to be substantially higher than other sites of late...

thurs. i heard the greddy exhaust (aft. the y-pipe) on a G and it sounded very sweet.....

-eS

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I had a Greddy SP on my Honda and it did sound very nice; that's one thing Greddy has going for them. Not sure I'd want that sound on my FX, though.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
I had a Greddy SP on my Honda and it did sound very nice; that's one thing Greddy has going for them. Not sure I'd want that sound on my FX, though.
on the G (with midpipe) is was nice and deep, with VERY little rasp....

the tech did a drive off, and was, well, um, er.... generous with the throttle for me.....

i think the dealership service dept. likes me..............

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the way our exhausts sound but I just want something a little deeper sounding and louder. The stock sounds a little too machiney to me (If thats a word).

That Tanabe setup is pretty dope thought.
Greddy SP2

Tanabe Medallion

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
esemes said:
i think the dealership service dept. likes me..............
I'll bet they do! :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
mushutofu said:
I like the way our exhausts sound but I just want something a little deeper sounding and louder. The stock sounds a little too machiney to me (If thats a word).

That Tanabe setup is pretty dope thought.

Tanabe Medallion
That tanabe is one of the separate canister systems I was referring to earlier. You would have a MUCH harder time getting one of these on an FX. You'd have to extend the tubes behind the canisters, since there are no tips to extend, but then you'd also have to relocate the hangers, since they are mounted on the canisters themselves. Those systems are LOUD.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
What made you choose that exhaust over, say, the Nismo (it uses the same Y-pipe)? The Nismo sounds great and is much easier to obtain. Gains should be identical.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
What made you choose that exhaust over, say, the Nismo (it uses the same Y-pipe)? The Nismo sounds great and is much easier to obtain. Gains should be identical.

the fuji is quieter, and has better (IMO) looking tips.....

i have nothing against the nismo, cept the level of sound is a bit over where i think i wanna be.........

any clips comparing them directly??? (i have heard seperat clips, but its nearly impossible to judge them against each other)

-sms

ps- i dont want a true-dual system again, however........

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No, haven't seen any. I get all my clips here: http://www.everything350z.com/exhaust.html
They have both, but test conditions are different, so it is hard to compare. You're right, the Fujitsobo DOES sound very nice.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
How much is the Fuji exhaust?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
looks nice too.........

im gonna bite the bullet soon, and stop trying to save some $$$
SWEET!!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the fujitsobo looks dope!

Any exhaust can readliy be modified and doesn't take that much work. Relocating a hanger and extending piping is not that hard nor expensive. I'm contemplating purchasing the Tanabe exhust.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just make sure you listen to it real good first, man. Those things are not for the faint of heart. I really couldn't imagine one on an FX.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
esemes said:
MustGoFastR said:
No, haven't seen any. I get all my clips here: http://www.everything350z.com/exhaust.html
They have both, but test conditions are different, so it is hard to compare. You're right, the Fujitsobo DOES sound very nice.
looks nice too.........

im gonna bite the bullet soon, and stop trying to save some $$$

:cry:
Looks identical to the Nismo, save for the tips, which I prefer on the Nismo. Not a big fan of the thin single wall tips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts