Infiniti FX Forum banner

Do you wave at other FXs when you drive by?

• No...I don't care about other FXs driving by

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...I just look at their FX but don't wave

• Yes... I'm glad to see other FXs and I wave at them

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost everytime I drive by another FX, the other driver always waves at me... I want to wave back...but I think too late and don't get to... :( and feel sorry...

This never happened to me when I drove other cars...I like the fact that FX drivers are so friendly :D
do you guys/gal also wave at other FXs when you pass by them?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not really.

First I try to figure out who the driver is and then I look for the "number, 35 or 45". :lol:

There are so many FX in Naperville, IL area.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FX owners here in SoCal aren't much of the enthusiast type, it appears. I stopped overtly trying to get notice from FX drivers once too many of 'em started looking at my like I was crazy.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I do not see many on the road and when I do sometimes we are not close enough to make an acknowledgment. Sometimes I nod my head while looking at the other driver (again when close enough). 8)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I salute, if I can get their attention.

Un/Fortunately, in 18 months of looking for FXs, I've seen a grand total of 9 around my metropolis. NINE.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The demogrphics still have me wondering...On the way to work i see 2 comming and going everyday, (each with women drivers) around the house i see 5-6 (varied colors--Red,black,white) also with women drivers. So us guys must really be in the minority!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I am always looking but there are not many in my state.

There is a lady in my town with a red one and I pulled next to her to and said "cool car isnt it?" and she looked at me in horror and said "whatever, dont talk to me." She was in her late 40's or so and you know what I was thinking. :evil:

I try to wave but no one ever looks. Most are just passing thru on vacation.

I pulled up next to a guy driving a copper one and he was just gripping the wheel and staring straight ahead. He had no clue what was next to him.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I do see a lot more FX on the road now... not as much as X5s, RXs, MDXs and MLs but atleast a handful a day. Anyway, I live in NYC - People just dont do that kind of stuff around here. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in the FRIENDLY MIDWEST, the significant number of Omaha FXers all wave smile, and wink (blink) their headlights at each other!! Just winked at another one over the lunch hour! :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I tried waving/flashing lights/knodding...etc. But most people just think I'm crazy! The only other FX owner I do greet is Ak1nza, when we see each other on the road. As for other FX's I see, I just quickly look to see if they have any modifications or an "InfinitiFX.org" sticker. Most around here are just stock anyways.

If anyone on this board ever sees me...you better acknowledge! :evil:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Now I know why you are not waving to each other, you're too busy looking for SMALLl details that are not easily visible at any speeds (35/45, male/female, mods./.org logos). If you see this, feel free to wave, honk, smile whatever! >

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I pulled up next to a guy driving a copper one and he was just gripping the wheel and staring straight ahead. He had no clue what was next to him.
Yeah, I've heard that about Kenny :D Just kidding buddy!

In all seriousness, I almost always wave, or nod, but rarely get a response. :( But then, it may be more of a regional thing. For example, I spent alot of my youth in the midwest, and would always say hello to strangers. Around here, you're lucky if people will even make eye contact, and then you have to guard your wallet. :shock:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Not sure that I'd actually wave back to that guy in your pic. He seems to be indicated that you're a bit less manly than might be expected. :shock: :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
He's not waving... he looks like he's describing his 'size'. :roll:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts