Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thorough write up. I'll probably try this over the summer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ak1nza - many thanks for the DIY. Just got my FX, bought the OEM air filter (weighed three pounds less after parting with enough cash to acquire it :cry: ) and installed in less time than it took to have the pages print out. Very much appreciate the effort and desciption you put into this. Saved lots of money and enjoyed it! :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
That's because you're a gril! :D I don't have 15K yet, but it's been a year anyway. This is the part # 999M1-VP001 ...found it here for $26.25 ... Any better deals + Shipping out there :?: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... logid=3485 ...... there's also been talk of a Charcoal micro filter instead, #27277-CL025 does anyone know anything about it? ...better, worse?

·
Registered
84 Posts
other then at the dealer I've been unable to find the charcoal filter on line, any suggestions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
$45+ are the carbon worth it. the reg filter is less then $20

·
Registered
60 Posts
Carbon would probably minimize smells, while the regular one should filter out dust and pollen.

Every now and then while driving, my eyes start to water so badly, that I almost have to pull over. I've never been able to figure it out. It's almost as if were strong chlorine chemicals. A carbon filter would probably filter these chemicals out, while a regular one would not.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Grubbs infiniti has them for cheaper.
Make sure you get the Charcoal and not regular paper filter.
My local dealer tried to pass me the paper one and charge me $$$ said that is what the computer calls for - um, NO jack A$$, 05 comes oem with Charcoal!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks!

Super easy to do! Took me five minutes to do with your instructions...three minutes to put it all back together. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread but my dealer installed a charcoal filter on my '05 under warranty after I complained of an odd smell (actually asked if they sold the charcoal filter, was going to buy one, then the service rep offered to replace it under warranty). Might want to check with your dealer before spending $45 on the filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also haven't been able to find a charcoal filter for my 06. Can anyone out there post where they were able to order theirs? I've seen in forums that Grubbs has them, but couldn't find them there either (i could only find the non-charcoal one).

Also the above link to the DIY guide no longer works.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I don't know how many people you want to hear this from, but the in-cabin filter for the 06 is the same SIZE as the 03, 04, 05, 07, and 08. No difference.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Oh you are soooo wrong!
03 and 04, IF THEY CAME WITH ONE.... was paper element only, not the charcoal one.
OEM parts listing is for the PAPER one - You NEED to ASK them for the Charcoal one, or they WILL install the paper one (and still charge way too much)

Not even worth installing the paper only one.

the SIZE is all the same - that is the only thing correct.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I think it might be worth mentioning to all that while you are taking apart your vehicles to replace the filter, DO NOT TURN ON THE IGNITION WHILE THE YELLOW CONNECTOR ABOVE THE GLOVEBOX IS DISCONNECTED!!! I can say this from experience on the G35, the yellow connector is attached to the passenger side airbag, and when you disconnect the airbag and then turn on the vehicle, you will get a flashing airbag light. Not good. Now I have to take it to the dealership to get it turned off. :evil:

EDIT: Oh, how I love this forum! Hopefully this works on the G35 http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... rbag+light

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
The Nissan airbag reset is usually the same in recent vehicles. I used those instructions to reset a 2007 Titan bag light. Give it a go.

·
Registered
258 Posts
GJBenn85 said:
Hate to bring up an old thread but my dealer installed a charcoal filter on my '05 under warranty after I complained of an odd smell (actually asked if they sold the charcoal filter, was going to buy one, then the service rep offered to replace it under warranty). Might want to check with your dealer before spending $45 on the filter.
bringing it back from the dead!!!! :D
tried to get it warrantied, i got laughed at. hahaha... oh wells.. worth a shot....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts