Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my beloved FX to Discount tire the other day to have my Dunlops put on for the winter (whuch by the way handle amazingly in the snow) and had a few problems. First of all they lost a valve cap and brushed it off as no big deal. Then when I left I noticed they had left 2 tires inflated at 40 psi. And then to top it all off after I closely examined the wheels they scratched the **** out of the rims. So i took it in today, they admitted guilt, surprisingly and told me they would only refinish the rims, which would leave me without tires/rims for a week or set me up with aftermarkets. I looked through the website and didnt find anything that really caught my atttention. What do you all think, should I demand new infiniti rims or are there any nice aftermarkets anyone knows of? Any help is appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
882 Posts
are the Dunlops M+S or just for snow? Can you give us the tire model.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. As a matter of fact, I'm going to Discount Tire tomorrow to get my Toyos put on.

IMO, Discount Tire won't pay for new set of wheels unless your wheels are heavily damaged.

I've had experience with a couple of different locations and I thought they did better job than some of those local tire shops. Among national chains I liked NTW(I think now it's called NTB, right?) because they let me come into the shop and watch the whole process closely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This same thing has happened to me twice now - both times with the Camry and not the FX. NTB ruined three rims mounting new tires. Replaced those with refinished wheels. Unfortunately I gave them another opportunity when the tires needed rotation and they proceeded to ruin two wheels. Still waiting on the replacements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dunlop SJ5's are snow tires. So yes they are quite capable m+s. So were the refinished wheels up to par? Could you tell they were refinished? Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
90 Posts
A local Discount tire is the only place I'll go for new tires on my wife's BMW. The wheels mark very easily and stretching the thin tires over the 17" wheels isn't easy to do without marring the finish, but they have one guy at Discount who's a master at getting it done right. He also does a better job of balancing my wheels/tires than anyone else too.

As long as the equipment's the same, it's all in who's doing the work. You just have to find which shop in your area that is. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts