Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering since we all have an SUV here has anyone taking theirs off roading and left the smooth paved roads?

Jim :twisted:

·
Registered
40 Posts
No way I would do that. From what I hear, the FX was intended for paved use, performs best on paved roads, and probably shouldn't be driven off roads. Besides, suspension is rough enough on road then off already.

But sure, I'm curious to hear if someone else has driven theirs off road. :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Off road? No. Gravel road? Yes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wheeling is an addictive sport but, Nope, the FX will never leave the pavement. Thats why I have a lifted Jeep...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Does cutting too sharply backing out the driveway and getting in the grass count :shock: :oops:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm with the majority here. I don't think the FX was built to go off-roading. I'd rather just grab my dad's old a$$ Toyota and run that clunker amuck then to mess with the refined FX.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Also only on gravel here, and that was for a trip to the ER...had to take a detour (thank you nav!) around an accident. I think Bradical made an inadvertant off-road trip through a ditch that he posted about previously, and that's the only off-roading I've read of.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Also only on gravel here, and that was for a trip to the ER...had to take a detour (thank you nav!) around an accident. I think Bradical made an inadvertant off-road trip through a ditch that he posted about previously, and that's the only off-roading I've read of.
he he :D ..yeah....took her down into a large median between the north and south lanes of I-81 in PA last year after i got stuck heading down 81 with no exits for miles to turn around. when i got to the bottom of the median, it was flooded with several feet of water. i drove parallel to the highway down there for a good half mile before i could find a place to cross over. even then, the water was deep enuf to get up on the doors. it was like a mud boggin adventure since the slope was steep and the AWD was working its ass off to keep we running parallel to the road. wish i had a camera to take a pic of all the mud on the FX :lol:

so...yeah...it did alright 8)

·
Registered
90 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
Wheeling is an addictive sport but, Nope, the FX will never leave the pavement. Thats why I have a lifted Jeep...
Same here, but I sure am tempted to find some mud in the FX! :evil:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
BobKid said:
OIIIIIIO said:
Same here, but I sure am tempted to find some mud in the FX! :evil:
I better NOT find any mud in my FX :shock:

·
Registered
80 Posts
does driving through pot holes count? :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Pennsylvania Turnpike should count as off-road, I drive that piece of crap daily.

·
Registered
306 Posts
off road

I took my fx in sahara like conditions when i was quading one sat afternoon. Sand was soft and flat . all four wheel were spittin but even with the VDC off slip takes over and ruined my fun.

The back doors on the bottoms take a beatin from road debree , i can only imagine how f--ked up they woud get offroading.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts