Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has come up a few times on the FA forum, but no one has seen one anywhere.

I emailed the guys at http://www.CollectableDiecast.com and while they haven't seen one yet, they said they would keep looking and let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I searched around some and noticed that there are no infiniti models of any sort. I am guessing someone does not want to release the trademark out for use. That could be the problem.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I searched around some and noticed that there are no infiniti models of any sort. I am guessing someone does not want to release the trademark out for use. That could be the problem.
There were some limited G35 coupe (actually Skyline) models that came out of Japan that could be purchased at dealerships there, but that's it. Don't know who the manufacturer was.

·
Registered
37 Posts
particlefx said:
I'd also like a 3d DXF model so that I can render it on the computer.
Hmmm...now that you mention it, with the right fire under my arse, I could probably make that happen. My old animation company had a department that did accident reconstruction and they had a way of using their scene survey equipment to digitize a vehicle into AutoCad. I actually helped them do it on an exemplar vehicle one time just so I could see how it's done. The animation company is kaput, but the reconstruction arm is thriving independently and I'm pretty sure I could get them to do it for me for not a lot of dough. ****, you think the Photoshop Mod thread was cool... :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
EffEcks said:
particlefx said:
Hmmm...now that you mention it, with the right fire under my arse, I could probably make that happen. My old animation company had a department that did accident reconstruction and they had a way of using their scene survey equipment to digitize a vehicle into AutoCad. I actually helped them do it on an exemplar vehicle one time just so I could see how it's done. The animation company is kaput, but the reconstruction arm is thriving independently and I'm pretty sure I could get them to do it for me for not a lot of dough. ****, you think the Photoshop Mod thread was cool... :D
PLEASE!!

hook me with a copy in AutoCAD 2004 format (i will have 2005 at next month's end)

yippee!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ditto...please! :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
EffEcks said:
with the right fire under my arse, I could probably make that happen.
Well, I try to avoid doing anything to a guy's ass, but since it's for the FX ...

FIRE!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
EffEcks said:
particlefx said:
Are you saying that they made the 3d object by digitizing a model - or - did they create it from scratch using plan and elevation views? If via a real model, then we are back to square one since we need the diecast model first. I can find someone to do it from drawings but it will cost a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
particlefx said:
Are you saying that they made the 3d object by digitizing a model - or - did they create it from scratch using plan and elevation views? If via a real model, then we are back to square one since we need the diecast model first. I can find someone to do it from drawings but it will cost a few hundred bucks.
Nah man, we made 3d models by digitizing the real-deal actual cars. They roll a car into their garage, set up their survey equipment and then shoot points all over the car -- well actually only half the car and then mirror it. Those that we did for accident work were a little rough as we only shot enough points to get the general idea, but if we spent a day in their shop with my FX we could get something that's pretty decent. It would still require a bunch of tweaking in either AutoCad or (in my case) 3D Studio though. They stay pretty busy though, so I'll have to see if I can work it in.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No idea, BUT I have been in contact with a company today regarding something a little different, but very cool. I'll make a new thread with full details later this evening when I get time. Stay tuned... :D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
No idea, BUT I have been in contact with a company today regarding something a little different, but very cool. I'll make a new thread with full details later this evening when I get time. Stay tuned... :D
You tease! :p

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
particlefx said:
MustGoFastR said:
You tease! :p
I'm working on it now; it's going to be a long post with lots of info. Give me a couple of hours.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts