Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that when my FX reach to the second gear, I heard some clung noise or something like a metal slam on each other but just barely. You can hear it if it is quiet but if you turn on the radio it is not noticeable. Anyone have this problem ?

·
Registered
706 Posts
This has been posted on numerous times. Its fine. Do a search to get the details. It's the ABS self-check and is normal. There are some owners who say they don't hear it at all, but I think they are a minority or else can't sit still long enough to hear it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Corolla also makes a "clung" noise. Does that mean it'll grow up to be an FX? :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
No, that means the transmission is getting ready to drop out!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, you are going to visit the dealer. Let me know what they say about that ok ??? Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
I already told you guys what it was. Why go to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
FXLENT said:
I already told you guys what it was. Why go to the dealer?
He's right. If you are hearing a noise that sounds a little like a spring being "unsprung" from the front of the vehicle when you first start driving the car, you are hearing the ABS performing a self-test. I hear it every morning when I first leave for work, and sometimes I hear in the afternoon too. If that's not what you're hearing then by all means, go get it checked at the dealer.

From the owner's manual:

Self-test feature
The anti-lock brake system consists of electronic sensors, electric pumps, and hydraulic solenoids controlled by a computer. The computer has a built-in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the engine and move the vehicle at a low speed in forward or reverse. When the self-test occurs, you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of any malfunction. If the computer senses any malfunction, it switches the antilock brake system OFF and turns on the ABS warning light in the dashboard. The brake system will then behave normally, but without anti-lock assistance. If the light comes on during the self check, or while you are driving, you should take your vehicle to your INFINITI dealer for repair at your earliest convenience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooo ok thanks for the detailed discription. Just to make sure thats not somethng wrong with my car because its only 2 weeks old.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
8) 8) 8) 8) man i love our search function. i seriously thought i was having tranny problems until i searched the topic 8) 8) 8) 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts