Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, been gone for a minute. I looked a round for a while, but couldn't find anything new. I remember that people were talking about technosquare for a while. Did anyone ever get this done and what changes did you notice? Speed cap removed, etc....

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No one here has done it and I'm not sure they have an FX specific flash at this time. Someone in the area needs to go by. As for the speed limiter, the FX's top speed is drag limited anyway, so it wouldn't do you much good unless you had more mods. It will raise the redline, add a bit of power by itself and optimize the A/F maps to your mods to get the most out of them.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Not like anyone's going to be driving above 145 too often, anyway. The main draw of the flash is the rest of what it does for you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I emailed Technosquare last week and they responded that they have not done any testing/programming for the FX as of late.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
If you check the 350Z site the technosqure reflash is more revs,5-6hp and optimized A/F...for $4-500.But the 35 falls off so the rev limit gain may not yield much..in toto the reflash does not yield much.Does not feel like a very sophisticated mod.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You are correct in that the reflash doesn't seem to do much for the money in and of itself. It is primarily designed to work with other mods and optimize them to work together. Strap on the Crawford plenum and a few other mods and your A/F ratios will no longer be ideal, i.e. you won't get the full potential out of the bolt-ons. The reflash remedies this. Also, with mods like the plenum, the top end really opens up and HP does not fall off as much, so the increased rev limit can be of benefit. If you mod, the reflash should be the LAST thing on your list; done after all other mods are complete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
particlefx said:
My understanding is that only the FX35 is drag limited. The FX45 is limited by the ECU.
Would someone mind explaining what "drag limited" means?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You have X amount of HP and the gearing will allow a certain top speed,BUT,aerodynamics(drag coefficient-which is fairly low on our cars0.32) is what will limit your ability to reach the therorectical top speed...roof rails,mirroors(about 2-4 mph drag etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts