Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got my Zaino kit, going to order waynes towels, get some stoner invisi glass, Cali blade...and possibly LXR.

Questions I have are:
Do we get a discount from Waynes Towels for being apart of this group?

I've searched for LXR and Zaino and didn't find my answer to this question. When you've zaino'd the FX how, if at all, does the LXR impact the Zaino shine? Is there any impact at all if you go and do another layer of Zaino?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Firstly,
Wayne was in a BAD accident of late and is not having an easy time. You can ask about a discount and if you buy a "pack" I am sure he will give a good deal.
As for LXR, just looked to see what you are talking about.

Zaino is a "system" and LXR seems to be touting it is a "polymer wash" or somthing.
I know many that have tired of the "Zaino Look" (too cellophane wrap for them, depends on paint colour alot) and topped with P21.
However, when topping Zaino with any type of carnuba product you cannot re-layer over with Zaino as it will not bond.
I can see LXR is not touted like this but would be personally hesitant as to it's advantage with Zaino.
The general concenus is once Zaino is applied just "spruce" with the gloss enhancer or wash with Zaino (in between coats that is).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Z6 Ultra Clean by Zaino would IMO be very similar to the LXR product, but as it is in the Zaino family and bonds to the zaino finish I would say it may be a better bet.

Experimentation is a GREAT way.

I learnt ALOT from http://www.autopia.org from the pro detailers there (think this forum can get "anal", omg check out autopia).

Anyway, the light refraction from different polishes/polymer sealants is endless with varying combinations. Just remember that Zaino does not bond to anything other than the same kind of chemicals.

Just experiment and have fun then post results :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Dakine said:
I can see LXR is not touted like this but would be personally hesitant as to it's advantage with Zaino.
Some have experimented as was mentioned above is a great thing to do and have had successful results http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2770 thinking outside the box is not a bad thing, if it were many would have never tried .... Zaino :shock: ...NXT ...LXR ...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm only allowed outside the box every other Sunday (still getting confirmation from the gf that I'm allowed) :D

So Piniti since you are/have used both. How did you like it? Any issues after using it over the Zaino? Any issues with reapplying Zaino? How has your extended use of it been since using it in Feb?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Some have experimented and have had successful results http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2770
Please click on the link above to see our results. No issues and glad I experimented (still do) has qualities or properties that Z6 doesn't. :eek: This is a picture yesterday of how LXR held up over the Winter.
Later in the day we did a Z6 & Z2/5 combo, still no issues :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice Piniti!

BTW, are you coming to the meet in Sept? Would love to see the Piniti FX.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
i use lxr and have zaino coats underneath. everything is great!

LXR is really nyce as I have not had to wash my car more than once since February and it's still shining. I believe it just wore off though because there is some dirt on the sides right now and usually spraying water on it or driving in the rain gets rid of it with lxr, but it's still there, so I would say LXR lasts at least a good month before you have to wash your car again.

I wasn't sure about washing with lxr and then doing zaino ontop, but i'll try it out next weekend unless someone tells me it's bad...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
oh yeah forgot to say that wayne's towels rule!

I also have cali blade, cali car duster, stoner invis glass,

from wayne:

1 waffle towel
2 mits (1 for rims, 1 for car)
1 interior mit
2 applicators
2 green ultimate plush (zaino approved for polishing)
2 yellow glass
2 blue interior towels
Cockpit Premium
special leather mix

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know how Wayne is doing? I know he was in an accident and don't want to bother him over towels. Just wondering if he's taking a break for the waynestowel until he recovers.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool...thx contaygious. I was curious if anyone else had ordered recently...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.