Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had from friends from Cali in town (NY) so I was showing them the nav in the FX. I entered their address and chose to begin navigation to show them how it worked and after it calculated it said "Destination too far- please choose a closer destination" or something like that. What the **** is up with that? Maybe it's cause I have the 6.2 version? So much for an easy cross-country trip (If I wanted to- probably cost a thousand bucks in gas). :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nope; that's a standard thing on all versions. Found that out playing with the nav on a 350Z when they first came out. I believe it is explained in the manual, but your destination must be within like 1100 miles (no idea why). If it is further, you must set it to a city on the way and re-set your final destination once you have reached there.

·
Registered
848 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Nope; that's a standard thing on all versions. Found that out playing with the nav on a 350Z when they first came out. I believe it is explained in the manual, but your destination must be within like 1100 miles (no idea why). If it is further, you must set it to a city on the way and re-set your final destination once you have reached there.
Yup, I recall reading about the distance limitation, but don't recall what the distance was (and I'm too lazy to walk out and get the manual at 4:49am)...it's more than the 600miles of my longest trip so far. Wonder if setting waypoints makes a difference...could you do LA -> Denver -> St. Louis -> D.C....would you have to wait until completing the first leg to set up the next one?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Waypoints don't help. The total distance to the final destination has to be less than the milage limitation (I think 1100).

·
Registered
42 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Waypoints don't help. The total distance to the final destination has to be less than the milage limitation (I think 1100).
Just another aspect of the nav system that Blose. :D Oops...wrong electronics package. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts