Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I found a small dent on my roof. I took it to the repair place this morning and they told me that they would need to lower the headliner to fix it. Since they had not fixed an FX before they would need to take it to the dealer for them to lower it and then they would perform the repair.

Has anyone had this done before? Good/bad experiences?

I'm not sure if I want them to mess with the headliner because something may get damaged or it may cause a rattle or something.

What do you folks think?

·
Registered
361 Posts
From my understanding from these forums, the headliner is a p.i.t.a to remove and put back in place. If they are inexperienced at it, I dunno if I would go to them. If they mess up, u mite have it coming apart or worse yet, bubbles on the roof if not sealed correctly.

Best of luck with the shop.

·
Registered
748 Posts
thebd said:
This weekend I found a small dent on my roof. I took it to the repair place this morning and they told me that they would need to lower the headliner to fix it. Since they had not fixed an FX before they would need to take it to the dealer for them to lower it and then they would perform the repair.

Has anyone had this done before? Good/bad experiences?

I'm not sure if I want them to mess with the headliner because something may get damaged or it may cause a rattle or something.

What do you folks think?
Will the roof need to be painted? If not, look in the phonebook for paintless dent repair or take it to your dealer. Some are as low as $50 for a repair. I had a dent in my right front corner panel. (One of the things I hate about zaino. You find all the **** imperfections.) It was in a rough spot too. It was on the top part of the panel right next to the hood. The dealer took it out for $100. Good deal IMO. Can't even tell it was ever there.

-NJJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.