Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Over the weekend (as the result of a fight between two guys) my rear driver side door has a dent about the size of a dime. The dent is on the ridge that runs the length tf the car.

How much am I look at to do a paint less dent removal?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got mine done at "dent wizard" for $150... came out just like new... incredible....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've contacted Infinity of Norwood and I have an appointment on Monday to have it checked out and on Friday the guy from Dent wizard will be there to fix it.

I contacted Quirk Autobody and they wanted $585.80 to fix this. The fix included painting both driver side doors. There is no way I'm paying that amount for a simple dent.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I've used dent repair guys for many years. Most do an excellent job. Unfortunately I had to use one on The Pumpkin for 4 dings in the pass rear door (some idiot slammed their door into me), and it looks like brand new. I cant see any remnants, and I must say, I'm a picky SOB :wink: .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back with an update

The PDR should be about $100 and I should have it done on Friday. The other issue that I did not list was the fact that the hard plastic that runs the length of the car at the bottom, and the one that runs the length of the rear door had "scruff" marks. These are going to be replaced and I have a qoute of $364 + labor. This is also tentatively scheduled for Friday.

All in All another bad new car and birthday combination. The only thing I can say is that al least what happened to me is not as bad as a friend who owns a convertable bettle. She bought her car in for a recall and not only did they not fix the recall, but they broke "something" (I have not heard what that something is as she was pretty pi** offed). It looks like something they cannot fix in a timely manner and they wanted to "give" her a non-convertable bettle which is around $16000 (her's cost $26000).

For those of us in Boston, she spoke to Help me Hank on channel 7, so, I hope she can get everything sorted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts