Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got 2 oil catch cans and a new PVC valve. Gonna set up a dual system in the next few days. Next I'm gonna add the Blox spacer fingers crossed it doesn't melt, going to use the best thermal gasket maker I can. While I'm in there I plan on pouring Sea Foam on everything and making it nice and clean. Not sure if I want to change the spark plugs out and soak the pistons in Sea Foam for a few hours. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
- Purchased 2 eBay oil catch cans (OCC)- $30
- Purchased 8 feet of 5/8” HD fuel hose and shrink-wrap hard tubing for OCC modification- $36
- Purchased PCV valves (both were clogged)- $35
-Purchased 8 spark plugs - one step colder Iridium NGK LFR6AIX-11- $53
- Purchased Continental serpentine belts- $42
- Modified OCC to minimize potential oil sucked back to intake).
- Installed PCV valves, and OCC (1 per side: Right PCV to Right OCC m; Left PCV to Left OCC, both OCC lines to T-Connector to Intake).
- Dedicate 4 hours to do the whole job ensuring everything is buttoned up - priceless.
- Replacement of spark plugs and belts will be done once weather gets a little nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
When she's clean, take a pic of your setup!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Nice install! I keep forgetting how different the V8 engine setup is from the V6... And are you on coilovers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I am running KiDO coilovers. These pics screams I must clean the engine bay! Once the cold weather breaks a little I will be spending good time on her!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
How are you liking the KIDO's? Heard the quality was pretty good, but I don't think they make them any more... Had MEGAN RACING on initially but the quality was pretty bad... Have BC RACING now and the quality is definitely better, but I think Canadian winters just KILL coilovers...

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is my first set of coil-overs I’ve used...

I bought them used and spent significant time to get them to work as I was getting a lot of hard clunk noises.

I’ve driven them for about 30k miles so far and I think they work good.

I have the contact info of the supplier, and while the price is good, but when you add shipping they are more expensive than BC.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Yeah... I heard they were more expensive... One big bonus of BC coilovers is that parts are readily available for them when they need to be rebuilt...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I emptied the catch cans today. 1.5oz of slime came out of the right catch can and 0.5oz came out of the left catch can.

While I was at it, I removed the old NGK platinum spark plugs (they had about 50k miles already) and replaced them with NGK Iridiums and it is more responsive :)

I replaced serpentine and power steering belts.

Purchased the black aluminum engine under-tray cover and installed it.

It was a pretty busy weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Did you get a TBW cover?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Nice! Thinking to just pick up the plain aluminum one... If I bought a black one, I'd scratch the **** out of it after the first winter...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just did the Seafoam treatment, now my intake is cleaner and with the OCC there will be no more gunk accumulating on the valves. My FX smoked like a champ.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that with the SeaFoam treatment I ended burning the Bank 2 Sensor 1 oxygen sensor, I will be replacing both upstream sensors. Any suggestions or guidance on how to do it to the VK45 is greatly appreciated.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts