Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I had heard on this forum,,that someone got a great deal last year for the 35 with 11k off on the leftover 03s, is there any way you can tell me when will be the best time to approach the dealer, when do they absolutely have to get rid of them and mark then in their books as a loss??

when did u get urs with such or close discount?

I really want to exchange my G35 in for the FX.

Also what deals have you noticed till now?

Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Lowest quote I got from Chicago area dealers was $500 over invoice from Infiniti of Orland Park 8 months ago. At that time, there was no incentive except low APR and I'm talking about then-current inventory, not left-over.

I thought $10k off was for 45 when Infiniti did "group sale of 4 or 6".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
currently the best i have been able to negotiate is 1500 below invoice, but since ppl were getting their cars at about invoice back in the normal days, 1500 off doesnt sound good at all, I thnk i remember seeing someone post about their buy last year for 10k off, may be it was fx45, but how about the best for 35?

thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
IMO, $1500 off sound pretty good. When I was buying, best deal that people were talking about was $200-300 over invoice. I wanted to buy current model and was willing to give up some $ for better buying experience.

Now, dealers have more inventory and you should be able to get a good deal.

Good luck.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I got my 2004 fx45 for $150 over invoice with 2.9% financing... Most dealers will do that now to get rid of the overstack.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Those 10k off deals were only for 03 fx45 when purchased in 04 and the selections were extremely limited.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes exactly i understand they were for 03 fx in 04, now its the same time for 04s in 05 right, so the same question again, if you know what do u think will be the best time to attack the dealers, in jan you think? and I would be settling for any color, any option list, as long as I get that much off, since they are technically 1 year old already when you buy them..

·
Registered
235 Posts
it is really hard to say when and which dealer..here was my scenario:

I got mine in may 04 and got almost 12k off since i thought 10k wasn't good enough. But the situation really works to my favor since that particular dealer had exactly 13 03 fx45 left, 7 of them are silver/graphite with tech and 6 are the pumpkin colour with tech. When i approach them, they had 7 cars (silver) for me to choose from and they were desperate to deal. As soon as the word got out and the dealer advertised for 7k off over the net, almost all the silver ones were gone. When the dealer advertised for 10k off, everything was gone.

So what's my point? Do your research and negotiatie with the dealers around you that has the largest inventory that you are looking for. Use the inventory database from the infiniti website and build your own spreadsheet and negotiate with them one by one. It is very difficult for us to tell you when is the best time since all of us are already owners and we don't have time to research. Another advice is to talk to other potential buyers through this forum to see what others are getting so that you have an approximate figure in your head. Don't be afraid to lowball the dealers and perform your entire deal over the phone. I hope this will help you in your shopping process and good luck on your FX purchase.

Btw, my local dealer was only able to take 7k off for the exact same car so i travelled 400miles away and got almost $5000 more off...i thought that was well worth it. Good luck and let us know how you did.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nowadays I do most deals through internet. Then I pick 2-3 and their inventories and pick final dealer. I prefer not to phone.

I used to negotiate and buy 50+ vehicles per yr for an auto manufacturer's R & D Dept and am trying to enjoy buying process instead of getting more $ off.

However, if you're going after deep discount, at the end of month(specially at the end of year) is good time but 1-3 of the next month is better. Dealer's book usually close on 4th, not on 31st.

And like davezaristo said, check out inventories and pick out the one that has least money in it. Since the color or option wouldn't matter to you, deal with the manager and he/she will usually tell you which inventory has least money in it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
deals

i got mine from grubbs in texas. i think delivery was around the beginning of feb. i got $10,000 off a 03 45 loaded with everything but sat radio. discounts are starting to show up now, just be patient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im in the same boat right now, also looking for an 04 fx and waiting on a great deal, but in my case im only looking for black

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xplo310 said:
im in the same boat right now, also looking for an 04 fx and waiting on a great deal, but in my case im only looking for black
actually black with either brick or willow is my frist choice too, but if I like any other combo except black interiors I will go for it..but gotta find that kind of a deal first...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts