Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I our quest for an FX, which we will be picking up tomorrow (more on that when we get it). I thought I would share my experiences with pricing "other" than the cost of the vehicle or the trade-in.

Over the years I learned to ask also for a dealer to provide any charges they require for:

Miscellaneous
Clerical
Book Keeping
Accounting
Documentation
Filing
Advertising
Administrative

Of the 4 dealers that we contacted over the past 2 weeks these charges range from $45-$199

I also ask a dealer to provide their DMV Plate transfer and Title fees, these costs range from $$22.75 to $155

Food for thought and definately something that should be considered "Before" you leave a deposit.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh, yeah! They know how to squeeze!

We paid $179 "documentation fee" and were asked for a $200 advance toward title and registration fees, which totalled about $85. I had to call the dealer a few weeks later to get the overage (or most of it - they returned $103, telling me the rest was a "courier fee"). And car dealers can't figure out why they rank just below bacteria on the public trust scale.

I'm still waiting for those pesky $179 documents........

·
Registered
65 Posts
45-199 is low.
Here in Atlanta (5 Infiniti dealers) all the dealers charge $499 doc fees, plus $70 tags/title. And they do act like they'll let the sale go rather than give that up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.