Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm really please to have found such a great site. I leased a BLK fx35 with brick,spt,tech and I'm totally pleased with it. People from age 9 to 55 are constantly complimenting me on the car.

I have two questions:
1. has anyone been able to deactivate the alarm by pressing any other door buttons besides the driver door? Infiniti informed that this can't be done.

2. I have 1K miles on my FX. My friend has about 7K. I find that her car jumps as soon as I breath on the the pedal. Although mine is fast its not as responsive. Is this due to breakin period. If so, when will my cheetah keep up with the pack?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Welcome! Always happy to greet mew members. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Any exterior door buton will unlock the car/disable the stock immobilizer. There are three: driver's door, pass. door, rear hatch and each has it's own antenna to receive the fob's signal (around a 1 meter range). Depending on how you have your settings (found under "vehicle settings" in the "settings" section of the nav menues), the first push will either unlock just the door you are at (with a second push required to unlock all doors) or it can be set to unlock all doors on the first push. Regardless, once a door is unlocked, the "alarm" is disabled and the car can be started once the key is within range of one of the internal antennas.

2. What you are feeling is normal (hope you're following break-in and keeping it under 4k RPMs for the first 1200 miles and varying your speed and RPMs within that range as much as possible. Once you hit 1200 miles, gradually start driving more aggressively and work the RPMs up to redline. Onc you have done that, drive it like you want (as long as she's warmed up) and you'll be quite happy. The VQ really comes alive above 4k RPMs. As for the off the line punch you are describing, the engine should be loosened up pretty well by your first oil change. By your second, you may want to consider switching to synthetic (personal preference). Also, if you're interested in giving your '35 even more oomph, check my sig and research the parts in the FX35 mods section of the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the break in advise. I must admit I got a little trigger happy and went above the 4k rev. not too far and maybe only 2-3 times but no more. Otherwise I am driving as stated.

The operation of the base car alarm I understand. What I forgot to mention is that infiniti installed an additional passive alarm (really for insurance reasons) which doesn't deactivate when I press any other door button other than the drivers side. I was told that the base alarm doesn't activate itself. I think the explination was the drivers side button sends a single pulse which deativates the alarm, and the passenger sends 2 pulses, while the rear hatch sends 3. 2 and 3 pulses don't deativate the alarm. Does this make sense to you. Is there anyway that you may have heard of to reconfig this?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. Well, you basically had them install an aftermarket alarm and it's operation is dependent upon how they wired it up. Only an installer would be able to tell you if it can be configured differently. You also need to know the brand and model of alarm they installed.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Only an installer would be able to tell you if it can be configured differently.
Well I guess thats where I come in. While you could utilize that button on the door in certain instances, you would not want to. That door button is "always live" shall we say. The button will always output a ground when you press it, but it only sends the unlock command via the CAN data bus when the I-key is nearby. Unfortunately we cannot use that CAN signal. So a "no-gooder" could press that button and disarm any alarm you had hooked up to that button. I really wanted to do that on mine, but with no data integration solution, oh well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks very much for the info guys. That being said, I can live easier with infinti's answer.

Thanks again all....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts