Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is recommending that we install some DC headers along with the Craford CATs and NISMO exhause. Does anyone know how involved this install would be? Is it wouth the money? They are around $300.

Also, Are the FX headers identical to 350Z headers?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Headers are always worth buying. Install shouldn't be that bad on the FX because we have more room to work with.

300 for DC headers...where?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If you're thinking headers, hunt around on My350Z for info and opinions. The DC headers are considerably cheaper than the competition, but I don't know that enough people have them to be able to give a good assessment of them. There are a lot of headers to choose from, with the top end being the Crawford or Nismo equal length headers and the botom end being the Borla non-equal lenth. The DC are supposedly equal length, but I have a feeling the runners are shorter overall than the Nismo or Crawford. Headers are good for around 10-12 HP and TQ in the midrange (again, depending on the headers). They are a total bitch to install on the G and Z, but should be a bit easier on the FX due to there being more clearance around them, but it's still not an easy job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts