Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easy way to enable daytime running lights on US models?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Short answer: no

Long answer: I think there is a relay that only comes with the Canadian models that is needed. However, even if you order and install one, the BCM controls a close signal by switching the ground for this circuit, and the BCM does not do this for the US models. So in absence of reprogramming the ECM or BCM, it just won't work.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you have a 2004 or 2005 with a build date before or on March 2005, then the DTRL part number is: 25230-79915.

If you have a 2005 with a build date of April 2005 and after, then the DTRL part number is: 25230-79917

Price for the DTRL part is approximately $25.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have an 04 fx35 and it has DTR. I have the lights set to auto and there are lights on the front all the time. They shut off when I turn the car off and shut the door. They aren't the "big lights" but they make my car visible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I leave my lights "on" all the time. They eventually turn off in a few minutes after I shut off my car. I always drive with my lights on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, cover the sensor on the dash. I cut a small piece of sheet metal, put tape on the back and sprayed it black to match the dash to make it match so very nicely. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
You would think with all the other safety advancements they would add (as an option) DRL. I have it on my wife's Toyota and even get a small discount from my insurance company. The discount paid for the price of the option within a year.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
gymiller said:
I leave my lights "on" all the time. They eventually turn off in a few minutes after I shut off my car. I always drive with my lights on.
Same here, always leave my lights on. Just cover the sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
rayneraingoaway said:
creamin said:
Is that an infiniti sticker?
No Silly, It just looks like it is cause it's upside down! :roll: ...no way to resist that. :lol:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
rayneraingoaway said:
creamin said:
Is that an infiniti sticker?
That's not a sticker. It's actually a Cell-Phone Accessory. I received that while I was visiting Infiniti Dealership in Korea. I cut it to fit on the Light Sensor by using 3M doubled sided tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
zanary said:
If you have a 2004 or 2005 with a build date before or on March 2005, then the DTRL part number is: 25230-79915.

If you have a 2005 with a build date of April 2005 and after, then the DTRL part number is: 25230-79917

Price for the DTRL part is approximately $25.
Got the part number for post April build date - dealer installed and got DTRL to work...but turn signal flashers changed to fast blink. Dealer couldn't fix turn signals, replaced BCM and still couldn't get it to work so they gave up and removed DTRL module. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
309 Posts
jhbrennan said:
Got the part number for post April build date - dealer installed and got DTRL to work...
Can you give us more details about the statement "Dealer installed and got DTRL to work...". I think we all want to know what the Dealer did to get it to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer ordered on my request and installed the relay referred to in an earlier post. I picked up the car, DTRL worked but as I drove off whenever I used the turn signals they went to fast flash (similar to what you get when a bulb is out). The hazard flash worked fine (regular tempo). I returned it to the dealer - service guy said should take no more than a few minutes to reset a setting in the BCM. 8 hours later they were still working on it and siad they had to order a new BCM. BCM came in today and dealer said they couldn't fix the turn signals to regular flash and they were worried that they would "fry" the BCM so they gave up. Got the car back, no DTRL, turn signals work, no charge by dealer. Just seems to me that if it works in Canada should work here.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, first post since I just brought my FX35 over (Balitmore to Winnipeg, 1600 Miles, ugh).

Anyway, been trying to sort out everything with the daytime running lights. I called my dealership here (only 1 infiniti) and they just said it be like $500 and an all day job.

I'm tempted to just take it to Canadian tire for the federal inspection and get them to install the aftermarket one, maybe to the fog lights. Seems like a $100 job there.

Buuuttt, I sure wish I could find a post telling me how to do it myself. Haven't found one yet lol.

BTW, loving the FX, wow. I've been driving 240's, 300's and maximas, but this one purrs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts