Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a FX35 2008 yesterday while driving the dashboard froze in place. Speedometer, gas gauge, temp needles were stuck and no display for gear selector and odometer. I got home pulled the battery and plugged it back in this brought all the needles back to 0 but nothing showed up on dashboard. I think its a fuse issue but could not locate which fuse. Also weird thing I was testing the fuses in the battery compartment all were okay, the fuses near the dead pedal did not seem to work (test did not light up) but interior lights, tail lights, head lights... all are working, radio and other items inside all working no problem. Got me stumped.

Questions for those smarter than me:
1. Does anyone know which fuse handles the dash and where is it located.
2. Any idea why when testing the fuses inside they do not test correctly. I do not think anything is wrong with them but stumped as to why the tester (and I tried 2 of them) is not lighting up to show they are okay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a FX35 2008 yesterday while driving the dashboard froze in place. Speedometer, gas gauge, temp needles were stuck and no display for gear selector and odometer. I got home pulled the battery and plugged it back in this brought all the needles back to 0 but nothing showed up on dashboard. I think its a fuse issue but could not locate which fuse. Also weird thing I was testing the fuses in the battery compartment all were okay, the fuses near the dead pedal did not seem to work (test did not light up) but interior lights, tail lights, head lights... all are working, radio and other items inside all working no problem. Got me stumped.

Questions for those smarter than me:
1. Does anyone know which fuse handles the dash and where is it located.
2. Any idea why when testing the fuses inside they do not test correctly. I do not think anything is wrong with them but stumped as to why the tester (and I tried 2 of them) is not lighting up to show they are okay.
Hi Jag0001,
I have a 2006 FX35 and just experienced the same issue. Don't know if its related, but had a battery replaced about a week ago. A few days ago I noticed the Tach jumping around like it was sticking. Today the Tach and Speedo stuck in place ( 55 mph on the Speedo). Tonight disconnected the battery, which only let the gauges go back to zero, but not working. All the gauge and dash lights are dark except a few warning lights and the buttons on HVAC. I pulled as many fuses as I could get to and they seem OK. BTW, two of the fuses in the foot well box are spares. I just joined the forum and saw your 4/15 post with no responses....did you figure it out?

Anyone else out there with an idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jag0001,
I have a 2006 FX35 and just experienced the same issue. Don't know if its related, but had a battery replaced about a week ago. A few days ago I noticed the Tach jumping around like it was sticking. Today the Tach and Speedo stuck in place ( 55 mph on the Speedo). Tonight disconnected the battery, which only let the gauges go back to zero, but not working. All the gauge and dash lights are dark except a few warning lights and the buttons on HVAC. I pulled as many fuses as I could get to and they seem OK. BTW, two of the fuses in the foot well box are spares. I just joined the forum and saw your 4/15 post with no responses....did you figure it out?

Anyone else out there with an idea. Thanks.
I just had the same exact problem with my instrument cluster in my 06 fx 35. all gauges at 0, all fuses working, only the start engine warning lights with high beam lights work but nothing around the gauges to light the the panel. Everything in the cluster went dark at a stop light the car was not in motion but was running. I had to drive through 17 inches of snow for 2 days but I have driven it in snow before without any problems. Out side to this one problem the car has never had any issues at 141000 miles except a rear brake caliper sticking that had to be replaced. If anyone else has had this problem and found a fix please let me know as I will continue to find an answer and if so I will post it to possibly help fix your problem as well. Good hunting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have read in other forums from people with this same problem that the issue ended up being a bad ECU. In one instance the owner said he removed the negative terminal from the battery for a short period and then reconnected it to reset the ECU and that worked, but others reported that method didn't work for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts