Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've owned this 2011 FX35 since 2013. Wife's car and has been a great car, until we notice dashboard material melting/ decomposing a few years ago. Now its in a pretty bad state. Finally found time to do some research. I see there was a class action suit settled going back a ways, but don't think I can benefit from that. I've sent emails to Infiniti USA, no response. Going to start pestering our local dealer. Anyone out there have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Same issue with 09, ended up filling in cracks with Sugru. You can get from Amazon and watch YouTube videos on how to texture it when applying it.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
I haven't heard of dash problems with the 2nd generation but there were many problems, lawsuits, and eventual warranty extensions for the 1st generation. I ended up replacing mine myself at my own cost though, since it started occurring more than 10 years after the car was originally sold. Keep hammering at the dealership and Infiniti Consumer affairs.

Are both your cars in very hot environments? Heat and humidity was the cause of bubbling/deterioration of the 1st gen dashboards. Mine took so long because the climate here is quite mild.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a 2003 FX45 with dash cracks [also a '09 FX50 but it's still pristine]. This is the first I've heard about using Sugru to "fix" the dash cracks. Does anyone have IMAGES showing the results? The various fixes I'm aware of all have questionable results and I'd love to find a better resolution. Any images appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts