Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an fx35 2005. And all of a sudden the dashboard has cracks all across from around the steering wheel to the vents on left side to the right side. Went to an upholstered shop and was told it is a manufactured default in the making of the car. Has anyone else have this problem? Has there been a recall ?

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
No recall on this but there may be a class action lawsuit in your region. I believe there are a couple out there still. Infiniti extended the warranty to 10 years and unlimited mileage. I haven't seen widespread cracking but the soft touch surface has bubbled pretty badly on many 1st gen FX's. Mine is just starting after 15 years so I will be looking to replace or re-upholster the dash.

Search for "bubbling dash" for more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I had the bubble effect 2yrs ago and infinity replaced that for me at no cost. It had been a recall for that. Now the cracking is getting pretty bad. Could you inform me on how to find out about class actions lawsuits To see what they are about.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
You'll have to search on this forum for "class action lawsuit" or "bubbling dash". I remember seeing a few posts about it. Not sure what region they were in, but they were in regards to the bubbling dash problem and extending coverage beyond the extended warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, Infiniti replaces your bubbling dash 2 years ago, only to have the new one begin cracking already? I’d go right back to the dealership.
I will say I’m shocked to see they replaced the dash, free of charge, 2years ago. This has been an issue for many years, and recalls only last 10 years by law in most States.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts