Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I recently installed a custom made dashboard cover. just thought I post some pics for you guys. It shield the dashboard away from direct sun light while the car is in motion. :lol: I did a little mod myself, I used home made hook to attch it to the dashboard, no messy double-side tape. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Can't say I really care for dashboard covers in general (when's the last time you saw one crack on a newer car?), but it does look very well made and fitted.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just can't go there.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Was the purpose of that dash cover to reduce GLARE? Where did you get it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PINITI-FX said:
Was the purpose of that dash cover to reduce GLARE? Where did you get it?
you can order it from the dealer, the entire ordering, build, and shipping process, takes about a month. Slow~~~:wink:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The dealer gets it from an aftermarket source, please check your packaging, what is the name of the aftermarket source? - This cuts out the middleman and saves time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PINITI-FX said:
The dealer gets it from an aftermarket source, please check your packaging, what is the name of the aftermarket source? - This cuts out the middleman and saves time.
The box was long gone............... I'll look for the receipt. :wink:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
manufacturers also have a slick way of attaching their logo/tag some where on the product. (similar to the free advertising the dealers do on your car with their info.)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Piniti-

You trying to see if the manufacturing can get you some shag?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
No, it's not for the KITI, but since I've been Zaino-fied, my PINODY van 's dash (large area) is reflecting alot of glare, so the carpet may reduce that. [Never had that problem when there's a layer of dust on it!] **** Zaino's got me keeping my glorified work van too clean! - but I love it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
My-Sweet45, anything yet?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahhh, I left the receipt at my other place, I'll find it this weekend. :lol: hopefully it's still there in the garage and not in the trashcan. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Just wondering do they sell the piece that goes just behind the steering wheel only, this way I can throw my cell phone oh there.

Jim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hummm I don't think so, since our car came with the awesome synchronized steering column and gauges. 8) so it's seperated from the rest of the dashboard. :lol:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Just wondering do they sell the piece that goes just behind the steering wheel only, this way I can throw my cell phone oh there.
I'm not wild about the looks; however I too need a spot to throw the cell phone and the sunglasses.

No car is perfect and one of my nitpicks on the FX is the too small sunglasses holder :roll: My Oakley XX will not fit in there :?:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to agree with u all about the look of the dashboard cover, but I'll do anything to protect the dashboard. So far I can stand the look of it, not sure in the long run. we'll see. :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
No car is perfect and one of my nitpicks on the FX is the too small sunglasses holder :roll: My Oakley XX will not fit in there :?:
Interesting. I keep two sets of sunglasses (that fit my big head, even!) in there.

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
msu79gt82 said:
Interesting. I keep two sets of sunglasses (that fit my big head, even!) in there.
Funny, I've got one pair that won't fit, and another that I have to turn just right to get it in.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
o k, thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts