Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the group and new to Infiniti. I have a 2011 FX35 that I just bought which came with the dash cracked. I thought I'd be able to find an easy solution after buying it but I've seemed to exhausted all efforts and myself (I wanted it regardless). I have called dozens of shops and businesses and searched online. So far, my only option seems to be to buy new dash which cost over 2k. I can't even find a good used dash and I'm a search guru haha.

Coverlay is a company that sells dash covers but they don't make for this gen fx. They said if demand is high enough, they will make a mold. So if any1 here with gen 2 FX has issues with cracking dash, please submit on their wishlist by going to www.coverlaymfg.com and scrolling all the way to bottom of page and clicking "did not find what you need?".

If you guys have any other suggestions for me, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I have the same issues with my 09 FX35. After 11 years of ownership I noticed in the last year the dash started to develop hairline cracks around the air vents. On my graphite interior I use Sugru Moldable Glue (search youtube for repair steps) to fill in and hide most of the smaller cracks. I went a head and submitted a request to coverlaymfg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is the exact reason I did not purchase a FX50s currently for sale in Colorado, car was mint except for all the cracks in the graphite colored dash! I also talked to a woman at Coverlay and told her to add these vehicles to their future list! For now, im searching for a FX50s that does not have a cracked dash! I really believe keeping your car out of extreme heat and or using a windshield deflector would likely help keep the cracks from happening.

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
9 Posts
My FX35 has always been parked in the garage. When out and about if the car is ever sitting for any period of time I have a son reflective visor cover I use across the entire front. One day I just noticed the crack from one side of the dashboard to the other side. This is not in an area that the sun even hits through the window. This just simply seems like a defect! My Infiniti dealer said it was not on the recall and they could not help me. Anyone else have this problem?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Car Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts