Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GM bought the Daewoo parent company in Korea, but not the US assets. It's selling a rebadged Daewoo now as the Chevy Aveo. Also some Suzuki are also rebadged Daewoo. Again, GM owns a controlling share of Suzuki.

Chevy Aveo, Chevy Reno, Suzuki Reno, Suzuki Optra, Chevy Optra, Suzuki Forenza and Suzuki Verona are all Daewoo.

I find it annoying that Korean car designers so obviously copy ideas. The Kia Amanti, for example, looks like a weird combination of an S-Type Jag, old E-class Benz, and the rear of a Lincoln Towncar.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Tummy said:
I find it annoying that Korean car designers so obviously copy ideas. The Kia Amanti, for example, looks like a weird combination of an S-Type Jag, old E-class Benz, and the rear of a Lincoln Towncar.
I know it's very true that korean manufactures do copy other designs BUT that goes for many other companies not just Korean. You should be annoyed at just about every car makers.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks, this is very interesting. My company just purchased 3 Chevy Aveo's to use in our security patrol fleet and we are about to purchase 3 more. My fleet manager has been extremely pleased so far with the Aveo. Each already has over 20k miles and not a single problem or trip back to the dealer. I honestly had no idea it was a Daewoo design. 8)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FX-1004 said:
Tummy said:
I know it's very true that korean manufactures do copy other designs BUT that goes for many other companies not just Korean. You should be annoyed at just about every car makers.
Yeah, I'm annoyed often. :)

I had Kia on my mind because I got one as a rental car this week. I usually manage to get a G35, but Hertz has the G35, Kia Amanti, and Toyoto Avalon all in the same class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.