Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Competing models are not only about size/style, but about pricepoint with corresponding features.

So I'm guessing the CX is a "poor man's FX." The question is, what won't be standard?

Maybe less speakers, passenger seat not powered, rear wiper not intermittent, no HID, etc.....??

contaygious said:
:?

Isn't the FX already like a X3 crossover? But waaaaaaay better of course...

so this is like a smaller small suv? haha

·
Registered
411 Posts
And I'd be interested to hear what platform the chassis is based on... If it's gonna be smaller than the FX, could it still be the FM platform? FWD/AWD or RWD/AWD? What engines? If it is smaller and lighter, and they still use the VQ35, then the performance will steal some thunder from the FX...

[EDIT] Just read the blurb. Based on the next-gen FM platform. Should be a great performer if they keep the weight down - especially the CX35. ****, if we can get a CX35 with a six-speed, I might seriously consider trading in the FX. [/EDIT]

Matthew

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
so isn't the murano already the less expensive fx?

x3 didn't sell well because people came in for it and came out with an x5 instead cuz they thought might as well get x5 for a little more.

I think most will come in for the price of cx25 and walk out with the fx35 striped.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
contaygious said:
Nope. Different engine (unlike Honda Pilot/Acura MDX and Toyota Highlander/Lexus RX330). And also Nissan vs. Infiniti nameplate.

x3 didn't sell well because people came in for it and came out with an x5 instead cuz they thought might as well get x5 for a little more.
That's right. Shopped the X5 and when I didn't like the offer, the dealer pointed to the X3. I laughed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
93til said:
contaygious said:
Nope. Different engine (unlike Honda Pilot/Acura MDX and Toyota Highlander/Lexus RX330). And also Nissan vs. Infiniti nameplate.
Uh? I thought the Murano had the VQ35? Now, it's a different platform, based on the Maxima/Altima, so it's transversely mounted instead of longitudinally like the FX, but I thought it was still a VQ35?

Matthew

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoops. Slipped up there. You're right Matt. Different platform, same engine.

BigMatt said:
93til said:
contaygious said:
Uh? I thought the Murano had the VQ35? Now, it's a different platform, based on the Maxima/Altima, so it's transversely mounted instead of longitudinally like the FX, but I thought it was still a VQ35?

Matthew

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
93til said:
Whoops. Slipped up there. You're right Matt. Different platform, same engine.

BigMatt said:
93til said:
contaygious said:

Matthew
Diff. configuration and state of tune, though. Rated at 240HP and has a completely different intake/plenum setup. Doesn't have the cool exhaust note, either.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
ok i c now.

murano starts at like $27,580.00

fx35 starts at like $38,460.00

so infiniti is trying to get something in the middle..right?

makes sense I guess, but I don't think there is a really a big market for it. If I could only afford a murano I would get it and be happy, but if I am looking at the 30-35k cx25/35 then there's no way I wouldn't pay a little morefor an fx35. It will be interesting to see how thety market it because obviously bmw's x3 ads are not working...btw I believe the x3 has more commercials than any other bmw too haha.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
93til said:

CX25
VQ25DE 210 HP/197 LB.FT[/url]
At 210 HP the CX25 will also compete with Acura's upcoming RDX in the "entry" level SUV market.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
from the guys that stop in from the factory we really have no news on the CX if it will come out--- for 2007 i don't see any progress maybe for the 2008 model year.

·
Registered
934 Posts
My guess is that the new CX will be based on the same platform that will be used for the smaller Nissan SUV instead of the FM platform.

Nissan Small SUV Spyphotos

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
That's the ugliest POS I've ever seen*.

*Maybe even worse than the Aztek, which is so ugly it doesn't even count as a POS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The popularity of crossover vehicles is getting bigger and bigger...people see smaller SUV's with performance as being a "smarter" idea than the full size ones they've been used to lately...even Toyota is going crazy with this kind of body style, but i actually like their newest addition little FJ cruiser thing...

Its the market demand, people want an SUV but they also want it to be smaller and more performance oriented...if you notice, the FX has become MUCH more popular in this 3rd year of production than it was the first 2...i see new ones all the time now with drive out tags heading down the road.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They have gone way past center now and calling those new small hatchbacks "crossover suvs" is a joke. Take any hatchback and raise it 2 inches and you have the "new" vehicle...........gee too much thought went into these ones.

A small 4 door hatchback CAR with more ground clearance, that 50% of owners will slam it back into a hatchback once lowered....I'd rather take a large sedan over that combo...would hold more.

The FX is as small as you get if it is supposed to resemble a suv. Anything smaller is a cross between mini van, hatchback.

The Matrix has been there done that....so Toyota was leading edge? Nothing new about any of these mini sizzlers...all copycat Matrix.

Lou

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.