Infiniti FX Forum banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Very exciting. Definitely game. Let us know what you think you can do.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Redfx said:
Is anyone interested in Subwoofer enclosures similar to th eone that was being made by Nkiattin. i am in the Fiberglass enclosure business and since i just got my wife a Red FX finaly the one we are keeping. I can check into making some enclosures if there is enough interest. It would be a universal type enclosure and would all be the same. There would also be a recommended subwoofer for it as well. To giveyou all an idea here is what I offer for other type of vehicles. I MUST SAY, I don't want to step on anyones toes here if there is already someonemaking these right now. But it seems there is still a great deal of interest for these type of enclosures for the FX. Proces would take about a couple weks for th efirst one and i would make a mold from it and duplicated them. I canhave Black carpet/Vinyl or whatever other carpet may be needed.

Anyways here is th elink of what I have inthe marketright now. http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/v/magicboxes/

Please post interest so i know weather to make it or not.

I am interested as well. I been searching all over the forum to find somebody to help me make a box. My desired design is the v3 Nkiattin made. My main goal is to not have the sub interfere with spare tire and the trunk space. Let us know if you can provide a solution to all our fixes!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
All this interest and no recent replies form Redfx... :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
where is the stock bose (?) amplifier placed in the fx? i am guessing that it will be in the same spot on the 2nd gen fxs as on the 1gen ones.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
With the subwoofer... the enclosure has 2x 5 inch or 6 inch woofers... the amp is located between them or something... it's obvious when you take it out and look at it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK so we now nhave an official order for one of these enclosures.

We will be making one this week.

Here is what we have.

Drivers side.
Will be most likely for a 10" sub.
It will stay on the left rear corner.
It will go over the spare tire cover about 1.5 to 2"
We will try to come upo with a previously used hook system.
It will also be built to acomodate the space inside the little cover to the left of the floor.( this will give it a placeto sit in)

I am looking for opinions and what people want to see.

Price range will be $250-$300 Carpeted.
We will also offer it with subwoofers and amp packages.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Redfx said:
OK so we now nhave an official order for one of these enclosures.
Nice to see you back on Red... since you have an official order, once the unit is complete can you post pictures of it? I'm sure you'll get many responses if people know exactly what they would be getting...

And have you looked into something that would fit where the stock subwoofer in the spare tire area currently is?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is the start of the box.
It will Accomodate a 10W6V2 JL sub or any other sub with about 6.9" of mounting depth. 10" enclosure want to keep the shape of the box somewhat uniformed with the car. So it looks like it is supposed to come that way from factory. This will also allow for the seat levers to be fully operational. If you have a cargo cover it will still work. The only thing that is given up back there is the Trunk light and 12V outlet. They can be removed if someone had to have them. This box will sit inside th epocket and position itself. We will have some type of a hook system so it can be easily removed to get to the spare tire opening. If you prefer you can cut / trim the spare tire opening and bolt the box in.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Looks good.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
But did they get a ton of crap all over your trunk area? Hope that stuff cleans up!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Looks like some stray fiberglass mat strands. As long as they werent full of resin theyll come up easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum but I have always been happy to read the great post around this place.......I got in here and have been able to learn of all of the wonderful things that you all have done to your vehicles (FX's).........and was always interested in the sub enclosure and audio side....so I searched high and low........found this thread a few months ago and got to contacting some people!!!! I am the new guy that called up Redfx about constructing this for me......He's a great guy and is a perfectionist when it comes to this enclosure thing......."THIS ONE IS MINE" ....... =-) so I will hopefully have it in my hands in a while... and be able to let you guys know what it sounds like and all that stuff.....But do contact him about having one made. He's a good guy to talk to and deal with.......his contact information is in a earlier thread but here it is again... (603)-642-4222....ask for Nazar

glad I could some-what contribute to this forum and I hope u all get ur hands on one of these........and I will def let u guys know how the final product turns out......should be nice...I have co-worker with one of his G35 stealth enclosures and it sounds sweet & tight.....so I will be talkin to yall later....... about just how well it sounds off the FX
...... 0X

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Well thanks, but please post in a standard color. The red is very hard to read in some board styles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you alllowed to say how much you paid for this box?? I remember ordering a custom fiberglass enclosure from a guy on the G35driver forum, and since I changed from the G35 to an FX45, I have been using the same box, it used to fit into the left corner just like this one does. I never figured that someone would put in the effort to design a similar fiberglass enclosure for the FX. I can tell you, if it's anything like the G35 one I have, it's awesome, just enough space, tight, and beautiful fit.

Does Nazar have an email address that we can reach him.... looking forward to finding out the price. Forget what I paid for my G35 box, but I have $250 in my head....

Thanks
Neil

121 - 140 of 173 Posts