Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on an enclosure for the spare tire well. The enclosure will sit inside the spare, like the original Bose sub. The trunk board will need to be cut right above the speaker for best sound quality. The enclosure will fit a Pioneer 12" shallow mount sub. It's not done and I don't know how it will sound compare to the sidemounted ones. Here are some pictures. It should be done by this weekend.

http://community.webshots.com/album/370039683uGJapS

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good work! You're getting pretty dang good at this! Let us all know how the final product fits and sounds. Then let me know how much you want for something like this!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. It’s done. I did some comparison between my 2 subs. I swapped back and forth between the side mounted enclosure and this one. I had to go back and forth 4-5 times and pay very close attention to notice the difference between them. The Audiobahn sounds a little better, a little deeper. Very hard to tell though. I’m really impress with this Pioneer sub. I’ll definitely use it again on other projects. The testing I did was without the floor board.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Did you remember to stuff the enclosure with Polyfill?

So the whole thing sits underneath the cargo floor right? You just need to cut a whole directly over the sub and maybe integrate a grill of some sort?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you remember to stuff the enclosure with Polyfill?

So the whole thing sits underneath the cargo floor right? You just need to cut a whole directly over the sub and maybe integrate a grill of some sort?
Nope, I don't have any. I've meaning to order some from PartExpress but keep forgetting. It'll probably need 1/4" lb or so.

Yes, fits right under the floor. You will need to cut a hole and put a grille. I think a 1/4" plexi glass can be flush mounted to the top side of the floor.

I'm going to put this one up for sale. Material cost is about $60.00
Don't know for how much.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What did the enclosure volume end up being? (minus woofer displacement)

Let me know when you're ready to sell, I may be interested.

·
Registered
599 Posts
nkiattin,

That's really nice work! It's very very similar to my set up right now!

Only difference is that you have your enclosure underneath your cargo floor whereas mine is part of the cargo floor.

http://eportfolio.babson.edu/2006/ang1/subinstall/pics.htm

Sounds great. You don't get the kick like you would with a full size subwoofer but it really does match the FX sound system very well I must say!

Good work! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's really nice work! It's very very similar to my set up right now!

Only difference is that you have your enclosure underneath your cargo floor whereas mine is part of the cargo floor.
Thanks. I remembered seeing your design. You did a great job as well. I like your amp rack also. We took slightly different approach on the enclosure. By the way which grille did you decide to use?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was wondering what are you doing with V 2.0. Is it for sale?

Jim

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a nicer steel mesh grill online than the ones you see in the pic.

Did you vent your cargo floor? Where is your Amp?
Do you have a picture? I'd love to see how it looks.

I didn't cut the floor because I'm just testing it out. I'm planning to sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Any plans on building another V 2.0, I like the way it does not take a lot of room on the side of the cargo area.

Jim

1 - 20 of 173 Posts