Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have had a problem with a drink in the cup holder tipping over? I've had this problem with taller cups and checked with the dealer and of course they said I'm the only one who has had this problem.

They ended up replacing the part that has the spring-loaded divider separating the two cups but it was still the same.

I ended up cutting a small section of rigid dark colored foam to go under the spring-loaded divider and that cured the problem.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they solved it.....

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Undersized cup holders are a problem in almost every car I've had, esp. with the super-sized drinks of almost all of today's fast-food places.

·
Registered
882 Posts
put some kind of rubber matting on the bottom of the cup holder. this will help the bottom of the cup grip and reduce the chances of the cup tipping over.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
OMG!

you people allow drinks in your FX ! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
mushutofu said:
put some kind of rubber matting on the bottom of the cup holder. this will help the bottom of the cup grip and reduce the chances of the cup tipping over.
Good idea! I used an old mouse pad and have been test driving it for a couple days and, although it's not a perfect solution, it works reasonably well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
ShadyJC said:
particlefx said:
it works reasonably well.
That looks like it will work great until you spill something and have to clean it :?
The mouse pad is removeable and easy to clean, so I really don't see that as an issue. Besides, the whole point is to not spill anything. ::D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts