Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one else noticed their Cruise lights being way too bright, almost blinding on dark roads? Also, when you dim the other instument panel lights, these two lights don't change.

The other problem is that when the instrument panel is dimmed some, my clock is completely dark a good bit before the lowest setting.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so,has any of you figured out how to fix these two problems: bulb swaps, etc. :?

thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
706 Posts
almost blinding on dark roads
You got to be kidding me?

Take a little piece of tint and apply it over the cruiser light? Or wear sunglasses. Also, you might just have stayed with that GS400!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still have the GS, and maybe mine is faulty if you have not noticed this with yours....I have never had this problem with Infinitis in the past. Instead of making jokes, you could just let me know if this is the case with yours.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok, sorry, mine is not blinding.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i notice that its a bit bright too. i just accept it for what its worth though as the high beam signal on my fiance's honda accord is a bright blue that'll make this one seem barely visible.

i think every car has it's own "blinding" dash lite :)

this'll give you a nice mod to come up with to tint it as fxlent says and then you can post in the mods section 8)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
What light are you guys exactly talking about, the one on the dash that says "CRUISE" when you have Cruise activated??

·
Registered
882 Posts
that green light kinda annoys me a little. It totally dark in the cabin and this one little green light blares...exacerbated when you're a little hung over

·
Registered
7 Posts
GS400 said:
Has any one else noticed their Cruise lights being way too bright, almost blinding on dark roads? Also, when you dim the other instument panel lights, these two lights don't change.

The other problem is that when the instrument panel is dimmed some, my clock is completely dark a good bit before the lowest setting.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so,has any of you figured out how to fix these two problems: bulb swaps, etc. :?

thanks,

Jay
Yeah, I agree. It's really bright, to the point where I turn it off when I'd rather leave it on. The clock I can't even see without really looking...that's more dangerous than trying to input NAV directions :? I think maybe you and I must dim the dash lights more than most people (I prefer them as dim as possible to keep better night vision). I've only had the car a couple weeks so haven't solved the problem yet.

Tinting is an option, but to make it look decent the dash would have to be pulled out to be able to tint over the green but behind the cover...anyone modded the dash in any similar manner before?

The clock I'd like to just yank out and replace with something else. Who knew the 'technology package' would still get you an analog clock. :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
882 Posts
dimming teh dash light won't dim the cruise light...i tried to dim that SOB but it stayed bright green! :roll:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
2Fast4U said:
but maybe Infinti's engineering decided to keep it that bright for safety purposes?
The lawyers, more likely.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
The cruise light bugged me for a while, but I just adjusted the sterring column some and now I do not even notice it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I checked it last night and it is brighter than the other lights; but I didn't find it to be a problem.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
I checked it last night and it is brighter than the other lights; but I didn't find it to be a problem.
Me to, Last Night.
If some finds this Cruise indication is too bright, then IMO, will need to PRY to the back/behind it and change a smaller value bulb, which could be a fun project,eh? Me, personally wouldn't mess with it.

8-10 years ago, I tried on other older cars ...tried to "PLAY" with the speedometer if you know what I mean :p, Oh C'mon now, y'all know y'all did it too... don't give me that look. :p hihihi...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts