Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this afternoon I went to use the cruise and it wouldn't work. The rangefinder indicator just blinks and beeps for a few seconds. I assumed that the rangefinder was just too dirty from road muck so I cleaned it off when I got to work but I still get the blinking/beeping indicator. It was -20F today (unusual even for Ottawa this time of year) so I'm hoping it's just the cold. Has anyone else had this problem before?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I had this once or twice but when I was driving. The ICC cruise just keep beeping at me. When I got a chance to stop and turn the car off. Re-started the car 30 mins later and the cruise worked just fine.

Never sure what happened but it seems okay when re-started.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Never sure what happened but it seems okay when re-started.
Sounds like a Microsoft problem... :lol:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Since I got to truely use the ICC feature on my way down and back from California this past weekend, I noticed that the sensor seems to aim a bit to the right, probably not to get confused with on-coming traffic on the left. But one annoying thing is that it'll almost always pick up the semi in the next lane over to the right. So as I'm about to pass the semi, the system senses that a car is in front of me approaching rapidly, and thus does a heavy break and sometimes even disengages. So I learned that I had to press down on the accelerator as I'm approaching a semi, so it doesn't give the ICC a chance to break. Once I'm half way passing the semi, then I can let go of the accelerator and ICC senses no car ahead and resumes. Is this common? Is there any adjustments that can be made?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I use mine daily and i do not experience this problem. Cars or trucks with high reflectors (HONDA CRV) seem to confuse the system most.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It happens to me all the time since i drove my FX so much on highway, i put 16,000miles for last 6 month, every time i pass those 16 wheelers the ICC bothers me. My solution for that problem that i pull my car slightly left to the lane or give a little push on accelerate until i half pass the semies. :p

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
folks...

here's something the you all might not know. and it will piss you off until you figure it out (like it pissed me off).

my **** ICC kept flashing and beeped when i would turn it on. i couldnt get it to "tare" so to speak. i was in "D", the unit was clean, it wanst sunny (i.e.. reflection).........then it hit me!

... i had VDC off! .... DUH!!!

ICC will not work with the VDC off (for obvious safety liability type reasons). make sure that you dont have your VDC turned off. i usually turn mine off when i start the car and i always forget this.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
particlefx said:
bradical said:
... i had VDC off! .... DUH!!!
That was item #2 on my list above. You never read my posts... do you? :roll: :wink:
i actually did read this one for a change :D and still missed it :shock:

this is what happens when im working and surfing this site at the same time. i go for the "speed read" and miss stuff :roll:

i am the poster child for ADHD :lol: :shock: :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
ICC also will not work if your windshield wipers are on. It will work with Intermittent Wipers, but not when they are on full time. Make sense? **** beer bottle goggles, todays my Friday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Problem with regular (Non-ICC) cruise control

I'm also having a CC problem... but unfortunately, none of your fixes did the trick. I was taking a drive this evening, and hit the on button (which has worked before), and almost immediately got the beep noise and the "D" for drive never went away. The VDC was on like normal, there was no rain so no wipers, I just tried setting the parking brake and releasing it followed by a test run, and also no go. Funny thing though, if I try to turn on the Cruise RIGHT after turning the car on, it will turn on like normal for a second or two, before beeping and turning off.

The only thing I can think of is that I reset something or did something weird when I installed my cell phone kit since I haven't tried to use it since then. But the harness that I tapped into was the one from the radio to the amp, and didn't have anything to do with the cruise and besides that, everything else , including the cell kit, works fine. I'll probably have to have Infiniti look at it, but I would rather not - so if anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Try by-passing the ICC and see if the reg CC will work (hold button down >3 sec). Could at least help you narrow the problem down a bit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had an 03 FX35 and replaced the ICC sensor after about 20 false deactivations. It worked fine then, until someone pulled out in front of me last year....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will try bypassing ICC - didn't know that trick...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay, tried bypassing the ICC by holding down for >3 seconds right after turning the car on... worked fine. Then, when I had cancelled the cruise and tried to re-enter cruise, it wouldn't work no matter whether I tried to bypass ICC or not... just got the beep. I'm thinking the ICC sensor may have an issue... but I'm definitely under warranty so other than the hassle of dealing with the dealership, no big deal. Will let you know what they say.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
47 Posts
What OS does the Nav run on? I've always wondered. Do we know?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts