Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At idle, I'm hearing cricket noise from the belt area or behinde front passenger side head lamp. First I thought engine's cold but after it got warm up, that noise was still there.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Not sure, but you may want to find a good exterminator!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
topguy said:
At idle, I'm hearing cricket noise from the belt area or behinde front passenger side head lamp. First I thought engine's cold but after it got warm up, that noise was still there.

Lately, mine made the same thing and only happened in cold start, didn't have time to get a closer look so maybe because the loosed belt?
I mentioned it to Infiniti's service guy and he said that if only 1 belt is bad/worn then they'll replace it at no charge but if all of them worn out evenly then that'll be considering norm tear & wear.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2Fast4U said:
topguy said:

Lately, mine made the same thing and only happened in cold start, didn't have time to get a closer look so maybe because the loosed belt?
I mentioned it to Infiniti's service guy and he said that if only 1 belt is bad/worn then they'll replace it at no charge but if all of them worn out evenly then that'll be considering norm tear & wear.
I also thought it's coming from either belt or pully.

Warranty doesn't cover belt replacement even all of them need to be replaced during warranty period? That's new to me.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Topguy, I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a similar noise that I noticed under all conditions (hot or cold) but was particularly noticable on throttle.

Try this (I know its odd) - turn your a/c off. When I did this, my noise went away. When I turned the a/c back on it came back. It's not a constant noise so I can't reproduce it on demand but every time I did hear it I was able to make it stop by hitting the a/c button so I am pretty sure its related to that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I will also check on that A/C switch as Shady said.

My noise is more constant when it's cold. I also hear that "jack hammer"noise that was mantioned at a FA thread.

I will have the dealer do through check on this issue. Usually experienced techs use stethoscope to find out where the noise's coming from.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ShadyJC said:
Topguy, did you find your cricket?
No not yet. Didn't have time to go to the dealer.

However, I found that that noise goes away once car gets warm up.

then I also found my idle is sometimes rough even after the engine is warm. :( It may need fuel cleaner but it only has 21k on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
valve dampener

Hi, had similar problem, did a search, there's a mention of a faulty valve dampener

1 - 9 of 9 Posts