Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004, FX45. Driver seat creeks on turns, odd times. NE1 had this ?
Seat does not move like the 03' problem.
Thx

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have the same problem...I have an 04 Fx35....The seat shifts a tad bit creating a creaking popping sound...but it only happens when i go up the driveway or make a hard turn.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well, there are actually two different problems...both addressed on the NHSTA site I posted above.

The first one is the creaking sound, which they've had a fix for for quite a while. When I was interviewed by an Infiniti engineer, he explained to me that the fix we discovered on our own (moving the seat up and down) relubricated it temporarily, by moving the grease that's already there. I had that problem repaired nearly nine months ago, and haven't heard it since.

The second one, which I still have, is the rocking seat. You can feel it if you accelerate, or brake hard. The official fix for that one is recent, and I'm gonna get it ASAP, as it's been pissin' me off for the last year.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
jus got my FX back today; second attempt to stop the click/minor shift (aka rocking) of the driver's seat:::

history::

i drive with the seat set at it's lowest height, and, with the base angled as far toward the rear as posible (that is to say the front of the base of the seat is higher than the rear, inner, part of the base of the seat)

1st attempt::

01/15/04 service done = ITB03-037 (tracks and pivots cleaned and lubed with silicon grease)

results::

worked flawlessly for three weeks...... then the clicks started back, but with less frequency than before....

in mid feb, it was back to original frequency...

2nd attempt::

02/20/04 service done = _______ (internal failure at driver side seat - replace seat adjuster and retest..)

new lower seat assembly, pivot, and motor installed.... (revised part)

seems perfect now (sounds a bit different when adjusting also, okay!)

good luck... you might have to get the first TSB done before they'll order the new parts.... took several weeks for the parts to arrive, in my case...

all in all, i am very satisfied..

-sms

·
Registered
882 Posts
hey esemes what year fx do you have?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'm taking mine in for the fix next wed., though I thought it only applied to the '03s? They replace the entire adjuster assembly (****, gonna loose my pre-sets :x ).

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Too thought that is was only 03's. Off to the dealership it is getting werser !! :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm, says 2003........ ours are 2004's ?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yip, for sure she heads in this week.....me chick even could hear it tonight form the pass seat......

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FX4U2C said:
yip, for sure she heads in this week.....me chick even could hear it tonight form the pass seat......
STRESS how unsafe it feels....

like the seat might be loose enough to cause you to lose control/focus on driving.....

as good as my INF guys were, it only took one mention of how i felt like the seat may be actually seperating from the floor.........

keep me (us) posted!

-eS

ps- got the window motor replaced too, finally.... (anti-pinch mechanism was bad, causing the window to drop down 4" after it topped out...)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
will do, they be seeing a lot of me this week as wifes G35 is headin in for "break recall"

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks for the update Esemes! This is the fix I've been waiting for for SO long. Funny that it appears you and I set our seat positions the same...doubt that has anything to do with it tough.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, today I exercise the chair up and down twice.....now, no popping or creaking, or movement...**** strange re-lubed i guess.

Only thing that sux is now i gonna wait till it reappears so dealer no gives me the usual "could not find fault" sheet, hehe :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
FX4U2C said:
So, today I exercise the chair up and down twice.....now, no popping or creaking, or movement...**** strange re-lubed i guess.

Only thing that sux is now i gonna wait till it reappears so dealer no gives me the usual "could not find fault" sheet, hehe :lol:
The dealer shouldn't give you any trouble with this. It's a know problem, with a known fix, and Infiniti's engineers are aware that moving the seat temporarily relubes it. I had NO trouble getting them to fix mine last June.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
fromheretoinfiniti,

what did you have them do to get this fixed? i am going to see if i can get it done when i go in in a few weeks for service. was this rosenthal?

·
Registered
848 Posts
bradical said:
fromheretoinfiniti,

what did you have them do to get this fixed? i am going to see if i can get it done when i go in in a few weeks for service. was this rosenthal?
I'm assuming you mean the creaking seat problem (TSB03037), not the rocking one (TSB03070), which I still need to get fixed. You can find them at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm. I simply told them about the problem, and they already were aware of the fix...I didn't know the TSB at the time. And yes, it was at Rosenthal. FYI, I'm going to give Passport a try next, as I've been quoted a much lower install price on my Sirius radio...I've got a cow-orker (G35c guy), who's very happy with them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts