Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone notice the creaking sound from the right rear door area when you make a right turn into a sloped dirveway?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
phader07 said:
does anyone notice the creaking sound from the right rear door area when you make a right turn into a sloped dirveway?
I get a "thump" from the driver's-side front. Either way, I think it's just the suspension compressing; I don't sweat little noises on the FX 'cause the body's so rigid. Besides, the radio's usually up so loud I don't notice 'em.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Could be your seat?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Occasionally I get a thump from the front passenger side when backing thru the curb at the end of my driveway. Dealer says all is well... Haven't noticed anything while driving, but that thunk sure is annoying when it happens.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Same guess as Mushu's... It could be your seats. I folded them to carry some cargo the other day and after putting them back upright (and not reclining them like usual), I got some creaking sounds. The sound was from the leather seats rubbing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the same creaking sound when making a right turn onto an elevated driveway. Here is the fix,

My dealer in Serramonte identified it as the rear seats having 12 screws/bolts being mounted too short at factory. Due to the stiffness of the car, these bolts got jarred loose, therefore creating the styrofoam rubbing noise. He changed out the 12 screws/bolts to longer ones. Never had the problem occur again ever since. My FX has finally been rattle free.

I had the armrest rattle initially. They fixed that with padding, that did the trick.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am guessing this is what's happening to my seat:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pg 2

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pg 3,4,5

·
Registered
551 Posts
Creaking/pops

There are two distinct areas for this. 1st is the gusset under the rear seat, 12 longer bolts to fix this.

Secondly, and this sux, the creaking/pop coming from the rt and lft front struts is in fact the fender panel. Infiniti says it needs to got shop for "spot welding" They are doing two FX's this week. This is the fix for both 03 and 04's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts