Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 05 FX35, has started "beeping" every few seconds, with the key on and while driving down the road. i finally figured out if i lock the doors the beeping stops, but as soon as they are unlocked, it starts beeping again, anybody ever had this problem and what was the fix? I have checked all doors,and liftgate they are shut and there are no warning lights on the dash. Also are the doors suppose to lock once it is in drive, then unlock when put back into park? They are not doing that and i cant remember if they ever did. Any help would be great, as this is getting annoying.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
jojovinvin said:
Also are the doors suppose to lock once it is in drive, then unlock when put back into park?
Not without aftermarket mods... not sure what your beeping noise is though...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Did you buy new? Maybe prior owner installed beep?
Parking sensor dirty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only owned it since September, it doesnt have backup sensors, only a camera. I really like this vehicle, but i was afraid of electrical issues, seeing how its 7 years old and has 80,000 miles on it. The nav quit working shortly after i bought it also, the screen is stuck on one place, it never moves no matter where the vehicle is.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Look for a switch somewhere. Many people have installed a "nav-while-driving" modification which allows you to enter addresses and such while the car is moving (from the factory, they do not allow you to input addresses while driving because it is not safe). There may be a switch which is turned on thus not allowing the GPS to update your location.

For your beeping, does the door open light on the dash illuminate in conjunction with the beeping? Is the beeping the same as like the factory chime for your seatbelt? If it's different, it may be something ghetto that the previous owner did. The electrical in these cars is pretty stout... until you start screwing around with and modifying them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, ill look for a switch or some other weird thing tonight, as far as the beeping noise, its the same sound as when you try to lock the door with the remote and one of the doors is ajar. there is no warning light at all on the dash.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
You may be sitting on the keyfob and hitting the lock button while it's in your pocket. Try moving the keyfob to a different pocket or removing it completely from your pants or wherever you're keeping it to see if it stops

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i keep the keyfob either in the cup holder or on the floormat, as it is on a big key chain, so i
dont keep it in my pocket. BTY it is an intelligence key.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
If it is a big keychain, something else might be hitting the lock causing your beeping. Is it a constant beeping or it does the same beeping for the duration as if you hit lock with a door open?

I vaguely remember a beeping similar to that when I first got the car. It was related to the intelligent cruise. Are you using the intelligent cruise when you hear the beeping?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it beeps weather i drive it or my wife drives it, we both have our own remote, so i dont think that is it, it also does it with or without the cruise on. It will beep randomly but always does it with the doors unlocked, with key on, with engine running, and when driving down the road, as soon as i lock the doors, it stops beeping.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
May be an issue with one of the door switches not working properly. If you're good with electronics, I can get you the relevant pages from the FSM to try to troubleshoot it yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kieranlavin said:
May be an issue with one of the door switches not working properly. If you're good with electronics, I can get you the relevant pages from the FSM to try to troubleshoot it yourself.
That was my first thought, but i would think the door ajar light on the dash would be on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked for any add on switches, modules or wiring, its all factory, nothing has been added, also i do have lane departure, and thats not it, its a different beep noise than that.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Can you record a clip and post it up for us?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this crazy beeping too - did anyone figure out what it is?

I just purchased a 2005 FX35 on 12/27/13 with 86K miles. It has every feature imaginable (I still need to read the manual, I know, I know) including back up camera, lane drifting detection. It's been absolutely flawless since I brought it home except for this morning. Backing out of my garage, and once I was clear of the garage, it did the fast beep a couple times in succession (beep-beep-beep, beep-beep, beep). No error messages or warnings on the dash or NAV screen. Couldn't figure it out, continued to drive to work. Beeping happened again just a couple minutes later while I was driving - again, no warnings on dash or NAV screen.

Then it started beeping nonstop. I tried opening and closing my drivers door, still continued to beep. Made me incredibly anxious to say the least. Longest 10-minutes ride to work with this thing beeping nonstop.

Tire pressure was at 31psi for all tires, not time for an oil change according to the nav screen,

I want to make sure nothing is wrong and that I'm not doing any damage to the car. Any idea at all what this is and how to resolve? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2007 FX35 with 107K Miles - Something is Beeping

I now have this same problem with a 2007 FX35 that now has a little over 107,000 miles. the beeping started about a week ago. I bought the car with about 30,000 miles on it in Feb. 2009 and nothing has been modified. While driving, the key fob or the car - not sure which - has started beeping. It's the same rapid beeping noise that the car or key fob makes if the car is running and you walk a little too far away from the car with key fob in your hand.

Has this problem been solved for the people that have posted on this previously? I don't see any conclusions.

The 4 doors and the rear hatch all appear to close and lock properly.

There are no warning lights on the dash. All of the fluids are at acceptable levels. The brakes are all in good shape. The parking brake needs a little adjustment.

I just checked and the fog lights no longer turn on. I can't find a fuse listed for them. I just found in a search that the fog light fuse is in some auxiliary panel UNDER the Battery! What reasonable person puts a fus box under something that holds acid?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I drove around on Sunday with the doors locked and there wasn't any beeping. I have not had to do this since buying the car in 2009. I didn't reset anything within the last week.

There weren't any lights lit on the dash. I can't find anything in the encyclopedia sized owner's manual about beeping while in DRIVE and the doors are unlocked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts