2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics I took.

Got it installed yesterday.

Jim

·
Registered
387 Posts
Very nice...have you gotten a chance to drive around with it yet?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really, just some local driving, been too busy with work this week.

Jim

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've just recently been thinking about getting one. Any issues with the install? The fit? Would it be easy enough to un-mod? My major concern is that my dealer might not like the mod so I would like to be able to take change it out, if needed, when getting service.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very easy to un-install the only thing that needed to be changed was the mounting screws left and right side, I replaced it with two bolts instead. and needed to extend the middle two bolts that Crawford provided since adding the spacer made the bolts not long enough. It is very simple to remove if any service needs to be done.

Jim

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry for so many questions but I've also read a few people write about resetting their ECU after they've done certain mods. Do you think this mod best served by doing so? I don't really even know about restting my ECU or when you should or shouldn't. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since the service manager at the Infiniti Service Department in Taipei is very friendly, so he usually reset's my ECU everytime I do some major mods. Since they installed the spacer for me, they automatically reset my ECU and kept my 2 degree timing.

Jim

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good to know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually reseting the ECU takes about 5 minutes to complete.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wait! You mentioned something about your 2 degree timing. Can you please clarify. Did you do something to your timing? That's actually something I've always wanted to do becuase after all these mods the power is really higher up in the rev band. I wanted to bring it down a little and was thinking about advancing the timing just a little. Can you pleae elaborate a little on that.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To me it seems advancing my timing two degree from the dealer runs a little smoother with all the mods that I have done. But really its been a while since I done this procedure that I cant really feel a difference. Some have said that is will make my mpg less.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Nice update.When I showed my tech the reset procedure ,he said why do all that we can do it for you in a "minute"
The +2 degrees is set my your tech,takes a minute and lasts.It kicks on the 45,I would guess the same for the 35,but some question?

Hope you get a chance to drive it hard and report!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Jim,

Any updates regarding your Crawford/Spacer set up?

"Enquirer minds would like to know!" :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well its been two weeks but just to let everyone know, that with the spacer and plenum, my fx feels smoother when giving gas and feels like my engine does not have to work as hard to get going. This week my fx is at the dealer for a check up and when I get it back will go on the freeways and see how it feels, but so far I really like it.

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.