Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, for anyone that's wanted to try a tech package retro-fit, there you go! Just part out the rest.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
image in this thing sold for a grand or two :shock: right off the bat you got 3 good tires and maybe a couple of good rims

no reserve :D

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Well, for anyone that's wanted to try a tech package retro-fit, there you go! Just part out the rest.
I've actually been studying the component diagrams and I think it can be done.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ShadyJC said:
MustGoFastR said:
I've actually been studying the component diagrams and I think it can be done.
Sure it could (though I bet it's no cake walk); it's the parts and labor cost that makes it prohibitive, but going this route might make it worth while.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I'm SERIOUS when I say this- I think 10 of you NY/NJ guys should each put up $200 and bid $2Gs- y'all could part out everything and probably save a bunch of money on stuff- engine parts, Xenons (if they're undamaged), carpets, seats, all that stuff. If it were here in LA, I'd try doing the same thing.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm SERIOUS when I say this- I think 10 of you NY/NJ guys should each put up $200 and bid $2Gs- y'all could part out everything and probably save a bunch of money on stuff- engine parts, Xenons (if they're undamaged), carpets, seats, all that stuff. If it were here in LA, I'd try doing the same thing.
Keep in mind that the auction ends in 6 days so the $$$ will go much higher...

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Sure it could (though I bet it's no cake walk); it's the parts and labor cost that makes it prohibitive, but going this route might make it worth while.
In order to prove whether it is feasible or not I'd be willing to donate my time and labor to help someone give it a shot - of course, must be local to LA... I will supply a parts list.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
From their little pic, the fronts seats dont look like they have much bubble.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
already over 4K ... lots of time to go too.

im dying to see where this goes :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
7600$ :shock:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't wait to see how much it goes for.
How much do you think it's gonna cost to fix or is it worth it.
I might do better parting it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
fixingit

anyone here have a body shop. if it goes for 10k how much would it take to fix that like 20k? figure both front bags went off and new headlight assembly is like 3k right there

·
Registered
597 Posts
It may end up selling for $10K to which you can add an easy $20K to put everything back together. So you might as well spend another $8K and grab a new '04 model on clearance. At least you won't be driving something once so badly banged up and worrying whether something might go out should you hit 80MPH on a highway.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Corret me if I am wrong....

but wont this car ALWAYS carry a salvaged title?

Why would someone put 20-30k into something that you might not get even get car insurance on?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can get it recertified to get insurance again and be put back on the road, but it will always have the red flag that it was once a salvage vehicle for future buyers. I think they do the title in orange after it's been salvaged and recertified.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts