• I have no problems with my leather

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mods...how do you make polls?

I want to guage the scope of this leather problem...Could someone set on up including what type of interior they have?>

[poll added by particlefx]

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My Graphite is perfect 12K miles.

Its going to wrinkle tomorrow because I said this.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My drivers seat leather has some slight stretching and a few small wrinkles but nothing I would expect Infiniti to replace. My side bolster is worn but not unsightly.

So I had to vote that my leather was fine.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you particleFx

·
Registered
706 Posts
One more comment. If you really look at the problem with the seats, the leather actually seperates from the cushion and does not maintain the adhesiveness. Thus the wrinkling and bubbling effect. So it could either be an adhesive problem, cheap leather quality or possibly both. Since I previously had two FX's (willow and a D/G interior, I can say that Willow had a thicker leather and firmer leather (it had a big bubble in the drivers seat as the leather seperated from the cushion) and D/G leather seems thinner and more supple (it also has slight stretching and wrinkling effect on drivers seat). Some I believe there is a difference in the leather itself between Willow and D/G.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
no problem with my willow. 16700 miles

·
Registered
662 Posts
Some large bubbles and wrinkles. Not happy but I will live with it. There is no doubt that Infiniti used cheap leather.

New steering wheel due to peeled off leather.

·
Registered
80 Posts
no real problems with my willow. the only problem i could forsee is on the drivers side seat, when getting in, im brushing against the left side bottom cushion. the cushion part that edges up to support your bottom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Willow -crappy

My 2004 has the willow interior and the drivers side has a good sized seperation "bubble" and the passanger side is showing signs of starting to bubble. The car has 11,000miles, I bought it used and have not attempted to talk to the dealer yet, but will soon. I wonder how much less likely I am to recieve a replacment since I am the 2nd owner. Has any other 2nd owners gone down this path?

Jack

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
For what it is worth, every forum I've ever been on has complaints about leather seats. There are threads very similar to this over on the Acura boards. Apparently only Lexus knows leather; or at least most complaints I've heard say something like, "why can't they get it right like Lexus."

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with msu79gt82. The only leather seats I've been truly happy with were in my Land Rover and they have won awards for their leather quality in Europe. That being said, they still wrinkled where you get in and out of the vehicle. Oh, and there was the pesky leaking, electrical problems, creaking interior, outdated & underpowered motor, etc. Now I remember why I LOVE my FX.

I put Zaino leather treatment on my Graphite once a month and they still look great except where my fat wallet presses on the side bolster. That has happened on every leather interior I've had.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
so to really make this poll useful, you also need to collect what type of leather each person that is voting has (i.e.. willow, brick, etc...)

then you can say that (for instance) , if 50 people responded that they have grpahite leather, and 40 of them have issues, then 80% of grpahtite owners have issues.

right now, if someone sez their leather is just fine, we dont know what kind it was....could be that all fine leather is willow and that 100% of grpahite people hate the leather....then again, maybe only 10% hate it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bradical said:
so to really make this poll useful, you also need to collect what type of leather each person that is voting has (i.e.. willow, brick, etc...)
My '04 perforated Willow has no problems as of 2000 miles. Probably not enough yet to predict future performance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If the poll can add more selections such as:

I have no problem with my graphite interior
I have no problem with my brick interior
I have no problem with my willow interior

that will identify more clearly on which interior has more or less problem...but my best guess is graphite will probably have the least response.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I can add these items to the poll, but for it to make sense I will have to delete the "I have no problems with my leather" option. That means those that voted for that option will no longer be counted and, unfortunately, can not vote again either. If you want a poll with those changes, then I suggest starting a new thread and letting everyone vote again.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
gee..my idea was just a suggestion :) .... you dont have to restart a new poll for that. just an idea for more clarification. :oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts