Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to upgrading the crank pulley to a lightweight stock sized one. What kit do you recommend? I was told Stillen, OBX, then there's some generic name ones that look like the OBX one.

What's your experiences with them?

I searched but only found generic talk about them.

Thanks a million!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
OBX is the crap. Get UR (unorthodoxracing) one.. That's the most common.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at them all they all look the same, i prefere to get something tried tested and true. So OBX has issues I assume...wondering if anyone has a Stillen or UR one for sale...

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
You can find plenty of underdriven (smaller size) or stock size UR ones on my350z.com or g35driver.com

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
BTW, Stillen doesnt make lighten pulleys, its Unorthadox racing. I have a underdrive one from them but havent had time to install it.
....havent heard of anyone having problems .... except 1 I read it worn down a seal because of improper install. (dont quote me on that :oops: )

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
themerchant said:
BTW, Stillen doesnt make lighten pulleys, its Unorthadox racing. I have a underdrive one from them but havent had time to install it.
....havent heard of anyone having problems .... except 1 I read it worn down a seal because of improper install. (dont quote me on that :oops: )
I used and sold one as well.. You just have to take care not to damage the oil seal behind the pulley. I good installer will do it in 1 hr without problems..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was looking at the Stillen kit for the Lightweight Underdrive Pulley Set
- Crank
- Alternator
- Idler

Does anyone have any experience with the performance increase? They are claiming up to 10hp atw. Any risk with the underdrive for normal driving situations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed the under drive crank pulley and couldn't be happier. It was pretty hard to take off the bolt holding pulley onto the crank. Make sure you have a pulley puller, you can rent one from Pepboys for free. When I changed it out I immediately noticed that the stock one was extremely heavy when compared to the Stillen.

Regarding performance, the biggest change for me was how quickly and smooth it shifted when I gave it some gas. I'm not sure if it changed how quick the car necessarily pulls through each gear, but the time spent between each gear shift is definitely much shorter. Definitely worth the purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts