Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a aftermarket cover for the rear bumper? I need something to protect the top of the bumper cover to keep it from getting scratched. I would prefer something that does not attach permanently to the bumper. Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
The only two things I heard of is a custom piece of clear bra or a custom blanket thingy that you can set a portion of it under your cargo protector and just flip it down when you need to protect it from a dog or when loading stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. And as FXcellent guessed it is to protect the paint from dogs entering and exiting through the hatch.

I thought about the clear 3M film but I'm afraid that when it gets nicked it can't easily be replaced. I use it to protect the rollcage paint in my race car from getting messed up but it starts to look like crap after 6 months or so. When it is replaced I have to repaint the cage.

I'm thinking that the foldout flap cover is the best path. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
edholio said:
Thanks for the replies. And as FXcellent guessed it is to protect the paint from dogs entering and exiting through the hatch.

I thought about the clear 3M film but I'm afraid that when it gets nicked it can't easily be replaced. I use it to protect the rollcage paint in my race car from getting messed up but it starts to look like crap after 6 months or so. When it is replaced I have to repaint the cage.

I'm thinking that the foldout flap cover is the best path. Thanks for the ideas.
racecar???

do tell!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ed, Where exactly are you in the DFW area?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts