Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2004 FX35 AWD. The brushed aluminum cover on the center console has a few scratches, the only blemish in an otherwise pristine car.
Has anyone replaced this cover before? Difficulty on a scale of 1-10? Cost?

PS. I have learned a lot in the last few days just reading this forum, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the cover off and have also had one replaced. The one I had replaced because of some dings/scratches was replaced under warranty. Just tell them you had bought this used and that you were hoping to get it replaced under warranty. Worth a shot!

If you have to do it yourself, that thing basically just snaps off, it easiest to lift off from the cupholder forward. You then have to unhook the wires for the seat heaters and the lighting for the shift knob. You will also have to remove the shift knob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Info!

I have a service appointment next week, I'll try the warranty route first. But if they don't cover it, it sounds like an easy DIY.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Does anybody know if scratches can be taken out of the center console piece.
Mine was dinged up pretty well when I bought the car. I just bought a new one, had it installed, and have ended up scatching it within 2 days. Quite upsetting. I think my pool cue somehow got it when I slid it down by the passenger seat on the way to pool league Wednesday night. I've been doing the same routine every week since September and sure enough, it would have to happen now. That stuff is pretty fragile. I hate to look at it wrong now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just bought an 05 FX35... Cupholder cover has some scratches. Does anyone know where I can get only the cupholder cover only? The dealer gave me a price of $150... :?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Wow bringing up a way old thread...
You might want to check the for sale section or post in the wanted section. I would check Ebay.

As far as I know, it is part of the console, not seperate.

·
Registered
641 Posts
:arrow:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
johnmax said:
ariza said:
I went that way and got lost :( .

Wha?
I replied to someones question above - when I realized the question was asked back in "2004" I replaced my reply with " :arrow: " I thought it was the symbol for 'next', as in next thread haha

To stay on topic, I don't understand how the center console can get so scratched up and that aluminum trip on the steering wheel controls remains good as new. I think Infiniti choose some cheap material for the console area.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
My aluminum on the steering wheel has some dings in it too :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
i agree. It doesn't seem to be the same material. console scratches easily. Nothing found on ebay... still looking.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
kashride said:
i agree. It doesn't seem to be the same material. console scratches easily. Nothing found on ebay... still looking.
Actually, I've gone through two of these. I threw one away, still have the other one. I just went and got it and the cup holder portion completely detaches from the assembly. I have it apart on my coffee table now.

PM me.
We'll work something out-

Edit:
I mispoke myself just a bit ago and said ash tray portion.
I meant cup holder and have corrected it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
does anyone have a picture of their 2005 fx35 aluminum console? It seems like mine looks different than others'. confused... :?:

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
We now know that an 03 cupholder is of a different type of finish.
I sent Kashride pictures.

03 and 04 are the same.
They must have altered the finish of it in 05-

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks, wireboltman. I also figured that with sports package, the aluminum trim may be different. I think it's etched aluminum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
aluminum trim around console clock

Hi there,

I have a 2005 FX35. I bent a piece of the aluminum trim on the clock console when installing the shifter panel! Is that a piece that I can buy separate? I'm not every happy right now. :)

This is a great forum, and I have used it to replace my in cabin air filter as well as a new shifter panel. Thanks a lot for all your posts!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Re: aluminum trim around console clock

Silver35 said:
Hi there,

I have a 2005 FX35. I bent a piece of the aluminum trim on the clock console when installing the shifter panel! Is that a piece that I can buy separate? I'm not every happy right now. :)

This is a great forum, and I have used it to replace my in cabin air filter as well as a new shifter panel. Thanks a lot for all your posts!
InfinitipartsUSA.com has the trim bezel but it is $77. It also lists the part as black. You can call Joe Tesenski and ask about it though. 888-216-5328. He is the man behind InfinitipartsUSA.com aka Infiniti of Scottsdale.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts