Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I get my fx35 with 18" rims yesterday. I went on some bad road and highway and the comfort is not good at all.Slitly noisy but very shaky. I reduced the air pressure from 36 to 32 psi but the result is the same. Did somebody have a great idea or solution to improve the comfort even reducing the performance? Do you know if other tires can improve the bumpy effect (currently have the potenza ones)? What about other suspension modification?

Please every comment is welcome.

I forgot. Expect this disadvantage every thing else is perfect. Great and nice car!

Happy new year to everyone in this forum.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The FX does ride quite stiff. There have been some posts that have said the suspension will loosen up over time. Although, others have posted that it gets worse over time. Looks like you already have adjusted your tire pressure, that helps. Some people with the 20's have put 18's on to increase the comfort levels. You are already riding on the 18 inch wheels, and you are probably at peak comfort levels. Bottom line is that if this is only your second day, and you dont like the ride, there is really nothing that I have read about that will make it better. Lexus makes a RX330 that is creamy smooth. :D My suggestion is to give it some time, and see if you adjust to the ride, because your truck will not.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Did somebody have a great idea or solution to improve the comfort
Yeah, buy a Lexus! Real cushy.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Laurent, the ride is what it is, it is designed to be that way and there is not a lot you can do to cushy it up... my only suggestion would be try changing your tires but then you'd be blowing a bunch of money to do so.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
<twitch>

We should take up a collection for all these people who never got a chance to test-drive their 40K+ cars before buying 'em.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have to agree with Kenny on this one. Anyone that buys a vehicle in the $40,000 to $55,000 range and does not know how it handles and rides did not do their research and deserve what they get.

I have a bad back and before I would even consider buying the FX I told the salesman that I had to take it for an extended drive to be sure that I would be comfortable in the seat. No problem. Kept it for a day and put 300+ miles on the car.

While I'm sorry to hear about Lau's problems, I do not have any sympathy.

Best of luck in resolving your problems.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If I read the original post correctly; his only complaint is on "bad roads" - I would assume that in most normal day-to-day driving he could avoid these bad roads and enjoy the car. If these roads are unavoidable, perhaps he should move.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I get my fx35 with 18" rims yesterday. I went on some bad road and highway and the comfort is not good at all.
Make sure that your wheels are balanced first as this will have a huge effect on the ride quality.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lau said:
...Did somebody have a great idea or solution to improve the comfort even reducing the performance?
Easy!
Replace your 18” with 20” and take it to the really bumpy road for a few hundred miles… after this switch back to 18”.

You will notice the difference…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts