Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not sure if this is normal or if I am just doing something wrong, but it seems to me that as soon as I get in the car with AUTO on, it blows cold air at me right away and seems to do this until I get out-no matter how cold/hot I am. I have the temp set at 70 or 69.

It seems like AUTO is just blasting the fan at me and nothing else. I thought I was told that the AUTO would wait until the car is warm before blasting air at me, but it seems to blast cold air all the time and I'm usualy really cold haha. I have seen all the arguments regarding what the AUTO does with AC and all that, but I am not disputing that, only wondering about why I am cold all the time.....

Any ideas?

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
contaygious said:
Hi, not sure if this is normal or if I am just doing something wrong, but it seems to me that as soon as I get in the car with AUTO on, it blows cold air at me right away and seems to do this until I get out-no matter how cold/hot I am. I have the temp set at 70 or 69.
Let me get this straight; you have the temp set to 69 and are wondering why it's always blowing cold air at you? :lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ususally setting the temp to with 2 or 3 degrees of the displayed outside temperature yields ideal cooling.

Isnt 69 the lowest it'll go?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
Let me get this straight; you have the temp set to 69 and are wondering why it's always blowing cold air at you? :lol:
Word! I usually run mine at 75-78, else I get too cold!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
DGFX said:
Isnt 69 the lowest it'll go?
No, 60 is the lowest (at least that's the lowest for tech version).

Really, though, if it's too cold just start increasing the temperature. As you increase it you'll hear (and feel) the fan slow down.

My temp is usually set to around ~78.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Oh, and if you have it on Auto mode, then often it switches to recirculation mode (when you start the car) until the interior is sufficiently cool -- then automatically switches to fresh air. Sometimes recirc is overkill so I press the fresh air button right away.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I always keep mine on recirc, to keep that new car smell in. Workin like a charm so far. Still smells brand spankin new :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
DGFX said:
Ususally setting the temp to with 2 or 3 degrees of the displayed outside temperature yields ideal cooling.
Uh, its 95 outside :shock: :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Tay have you had the underdash panel off recently? there is an air temp sensor behind a little grill by your right knee. If you don't plug that back in then you will get what you describe.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks! I will check all of those out. 70 is cold? haha outside temp si 70s-80s here I keep my crib at 70 too and I'm not cold ha.

I'll check all that stuff you guys said thanks LOL

:oops:

the car seems to be too smart for me :lol:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Check the thermostat in your house. It might say 70, but what is the real temperature? Unless they are Honeywell digital units, or equivalent quality, are notorious for being COMPLETELY inaccurate.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah turning the temp up to 75-78 worked thanks :wink:

Never though about the actual temp before driving this thing-all i know was that if I turn the heat past 70 in the crib my parents would always get mad haha.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I always kept it at 76 and it was just right; anything below that would be too cold. AC in the FX WORKS, even in TX heat. I have to keep the Auto AC in the Z set at about 77 or it's too cold. Never tried measuring the actual air temp...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.